OT: What to do with old vacuum?

The SgtMaj and I bought a new vacuum cleaner (I should probably say 'floor cleaning system') today because the old one had kinda crapped out. The motor still runs, the brush still spins, but the bearings in the motor are squalling pretty bad and the suction just ain't what it usta be. Is there any practical use for such a device?

My thoughts were to invite a coupla buddies over for beers and sledgehammers...

A mattress I had stored in my garage (got wet in a flood) suffered a similar fate a couple of years ago. You would not *believe* how hard it is to cut a mattress in half. Sure was fun, though!

Anyhoo, just wanted some feedback. Thanks.

-Phil Crow

P.S. JOAT, I know what you're thinking. Damn Kids, right?

Reply to
Phil Crow

Have you ever noticed about vacuums, whether cheap or expensive, they just plain SUCK ! =0)

Reply to
Lenny

I had the same delema this weekend... Old vac SWMBO wanted gone. Due to the numerous threads on dust collection, you are all aware that there are 2 ways to collect dust... volume (your big DC) & velocity (a vacuum cleaner) Using my DC to collect dust on my router table provided adequate results (4" PVC cut down to 1.5" kills a lot of suction!), BUT, there is always room for improvement. So tore apart old vacuum, intake to router dust pick up, discharge duct taped to into 4" PVC DC intake, switch on DC, plug vac into switched outlet with router so router and vac go on together and Eureka! (pun intended)

Phil Crow wrote:

Reply to
LEX