OT - What the hell are we coming to?

Page 2 of 6

everywhere.
CW wrote:

They have done a fine job when they are able to be there. While no one should dispute another's right to free religious expression, the expression this nutty bunch has chosen is beyond the pale in terms of tasteless, crass, and downright evil. You don't win people to your cause by antagonizing them.

Rob Leatham

For them, losing people IS winning says Susan Phelps:
["When the Supreme Court unanimously upholds the 4th Circuit, it's going to put this country in a rage, and we will be expelled," she said. "But whenever it was time for an epic event in the Bible, the thing that happened right before is the prophets were removed from the land, and that's what's going to happen to us. ... We're going to sprint to the end of this race."]
Of course, "expulsion" or "removal" may not take the form they are thinking about ...
RonB wrote the following:

I have no answers that don't involve violence. Perhaps we need a federal law to prevent such demonstrations at military funerals, either at the funeral site or anywhere near the cemetery, or within site of the . mourners. Talk to your state senators.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 3/31/2010 5:35 PM, willshak wrote:

Freedom of speech has become freedom to harass. It was intended as a check on the power of government, not as a license to harass people who have little political power or influence on events.
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:35:46 -0400, the infamous willshak

What, like substituting live ammo in the 21 Baptist shoo^H^H^H^Halute?
-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing
willshak wrote:

In my state, we have a law criminalizing "Desecration of a venerated object." It applies to tipping over tombstones, spray-painting slogans on religious buildings, burning crosses, and the like. The law exists because it recognizes the outrage resulting from such actions and the natural human emotion to retaliate violently.
It is a small step to extend the concept of such a law to a funeral, a religious procession, or similar event where emotions run high.

Well he was being insensitive to the $#%^#%# ing protesters rights.... Those are potential votes, don't you know.
Apparently the fact that many hurtinf his feelings is OK. Him hurting many feelings is not OK.
Right or wrong those with the loudest voices get the politiions and law makers attention.

I wonder how much attention a few thousand veterans would get if they picketed and protested outside the church and carried signs saying "You're going to hell," "God hates you" and "Thank God for dead fundamentalists"? OTOH they would be at risk of being sued by the church for violating their religious rights.
Maybe picket/protest the court building(s)? Art
"RonB" wrote:

--------------------------------------------- Need to find a way to shut down their access to money, banking, and commerce in general.
No access to money, no way to spread their hate.
Lew
I would like to know where they are getting their money. It has to be real expensive to do all the traveling they have done over the years Curtis

Sad to say, but they've made a lot of money suing local governments that have tried to bar their revolting demonstrations. Phelps used to be a lawyer (as are a couple of his kids) until he was disbarred in Kansas for a particularly vicious and vindictive lawsuit in which he was foolish enough to perjure himself in affidavits. But that doesn't stop him from exploiting the law when he can.

Where is Quantrill when you really need him?
--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.

LOL...now I can't express my disgust with that ruling enough, and then again, some other places in the 'Western World' are ahead of us in silliness..
mind the wrap.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262250/Great-grandmother-tagged-selling-goldfish.html

LOL...now I can't express my disgust with that ruling enough, and then again, some other places in the 'Western World' are ahead of us in silliness..
mind the wrap.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262250/Great-grandmother-tagged-selling-goldfish.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this one is almost as good!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262305/Council-need-JCB-dumped-mattress.html
brits have fallen off the edge ...

LOL! Yup...

It's time to flush the toilet and get in new politicians. The "no person standing" should particularly apply to all incumbents. Send the message to the judges and their lobbyists: You're soon to be history.
Just as we flush a toilet, we need to change the elected officials.
--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.
On 3/31/2010 10:56 PM, Nonny wrote:

I fear that it's approaching time to water the tree.

Sounds a bit like the Hutaree whackos.
"Now it's time to strike and take our nation back so we will be free of tyranny," Stone, 44, of Clayton, Mich., says on the recording played in court. "The war will come whether we are ready or not."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/28/national/a165434D20.DTL
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:23:51 -0400, the infamous "J. Clarke"

I used to fear it. Now I'm tiring of waiting for it to happen.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin