OT - What the hell are we coming to?

Page 1 of 6
Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Kansas just because these bastards live here:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/westboro.baptist.snyder/index.html?hpt=T1
Add pictures here
βœ–

This is a sad commentary on what constitutes free speach when an idiot can equate homersexuality with being in the military and rejoice in a soldier's death.
You folks need to lobby your state and federal reps to reinstate the burning at the stake laws just for these kinds of brain dead insensitive fuck bunnies. There should be more shooting "accidents" too show your freedom of guns laws also work.
My heart goes out to anyone who has to endure loudmouth gutless cowards at funerals.
--- ---
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mar 31, 3:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

What is the problem? Bill O'Reilly already offered to pay the legal bills. Because he cares dontchaknow....
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 3/31/2010 3:11 PM, Robatoy wrote:

And a damn fine, human, gesture on his part.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Precisely. Conservatives don't do that against a church very often.
-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing
Add pictures here
βœ–
Larry Jaques wrote:

Phelps's group's resemblance to a church is purely artificial and coincidental.

Rob Leatham
βœ–
On 4/2/2010 12:27 AM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

There are two paths to great evil:
1) Work diligently to create the illusion that "evil" as a construct doesn't even exist.
2) Hijack "good" and do evil deeds in it's name.
The cultural left has done 1) to a tee. The Phelpses of this world have embraced 2).
βœ–
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 22:27:54 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita

Ditto the Reverends Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Wright, and thousands of other "preachers" and their churches. But the gov't recognizes them, as do political groups, because of their power. It truly sucks.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 4/2/2010 10:30 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Don't leave out Al Sharpster.
And there was Dr. Gene Scott, the TV preacher on late night years ago, who smoked Cuban cigars, had a blues band, and took donations for his Tennessee Walking Horse breeding fees.
My kinda religion ... ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
"Swingman" wrote:

Today it's his daughter's gig.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–

She the blond with the long pinstripe coat?
Add pictures here
βœ–
"LDosser" wrote:

Around here it's long black locks, but then only her hairdresser knows for sure.
Haven't seen the P/S coat, YET.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/31/2010 01:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Aren't those the same folks that picketed former Chief Justice William Rehnquist's funeral, Tony Snow's funeral, Heath Ledger's funeral, etc.?
The Canadian government stopped some of them from crossing the border to picket at a murdered man's funeral. I suspect it was under suspicion of hate speech or something--which is interesting because under other circumstances those hate speech laws have a lot of people incensed that they aren't allowed to say whatever they like.
Chris
Add pictures here
βœ–

You may be confusing criminal hate speech laws with the kangaroo court, quasi-legal, government pays for complaintant but not defendant, so-called "human rights commissions" where the slogan is "Male and white? You're never right!"
The westboro loons were turned away under federal law, not any HR legislation.
Add pictures here
βœ–
RonB wrote:

Let me ask you: Don't you have some retired Marines in your state? Check at the American Legion or VFW hall. I'm sure they'd have some ideas on how to deal with these miscreants.
I can see it now... A couple of deuce-and-a-halfs, loaded with folks bearing tattoos, who jump off, take care of business, and drive off to the horizon. This will be followed by free beer and barbecue while a hundred pretty girls do a stip-tease and a good time will be had by all.
Except for a few, of course.
Add pictures here
βœ–
HeyBub wrote the following:

That is more peaceful than my thoughts about a well placed IED. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

And a well-placed IUD would have prevented anyone from having to ever see Hey Bub's posts.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Elrond Hubbard wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I recall a few news stories describing the Hell's Angels patrolling the funeral sites and harrasing the protesters. Not so much lately though.
-Zz
Add pictures here
βœ–

themselves between the families and the lunatics. They offer their services to the families and early on some of the families were intimidated by them, but they do a good job of doing their thing in a very respectful manner.
RonB.
RonB
Add pictures here
βœ–