OT: What kind of tree is this?

I live in the Dallas suburbs and nobody seems to know what my tree is. I don't plan on hacking it down or anything, but I figured some of you woodworkers might know what they look like with the bark still on :)
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00121.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00122.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00123.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00124.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00125.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00126.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00127.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00129.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/Images/Tree/DSC00130.jpg
Jay wrote:

Your site has exceeded its allocated data transfer apparently.
If you ever prune off a limb large enough to get a 1"x3"x6" sample out of, the US Forest Service will identify it for you--they'll do up to 5 a year free of charge for US citizens. For more information see <http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/WoodID/idfact.html .
--
--John

That's a great resource, thanks. Now I have to find something I want identified!
snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com (Jay) wrote:

Though its natural range doesn't fit your geographic area I'm making a first guess at:
American Chestnut
What do the mature leaves measure in length and width? Does the tree produce any fruit or seed? Does the tree flower - (if so, describe the flower color and size)?
(Jay) wrote:

No fruit, seed, or flower that I can tell. In the spring (late april) it produces piles of amber-colored stringy stuff about 6 inches long that gets all over everything.
The leaves are about 6-8 inches long fully grown.
Thanks for the help,
Jay