OT: What is Al going to do for a living now?

Page 1 of 6
<http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html
Doug Winterburn wrote:

<http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html
NASA should have kept their mouth shut. You see what happened to them-they got shut down.
I suspect the climate has been changing since before the cave men started burning wood. Maybe even before Big Al invented the internet.
--
Gerald Ross

In just two days, tomorrow will be
Big Mr. I Invented chose a topic in time. The sun Spots were backing off to a 11 year low (not coming back) and the weather goes wacky.
Mars lost it's poles. No snow.
One jet stream in the U.S.A. - normally two. Storm track north not south.
As the sun sports and storms increase for the next 11 years we will get more weather like we remember.
It is like predicting the new moon and saying it will start blacking out...
Martin
On 7/29/2011 6:09 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:

wrote: [...]

He claimed he was "instrumental in creating" it.
Doug Miller wrote:

Sorta like a rooster is "instrumental" in creating a chick.
in 1505645 20110804 071220 snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

But there is only one internet.
On 8/4/2011 2:26 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

Beat me to it ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

Actually, I belive there is only one Internet. I believe one may speak of internets.
Can anyone back me up on that?
On 8/4/2011 8:33 AM, Bill wrote:

neither capitalization, nor punctuation; nor speeling, or grammar, is not required when posting on the internet.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 8/4/2011 8:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

I heared that.

You posted on the Internet, which happens to be an internet. ;-)

Yes. I didn't see your post before answering the same.

Something I saw the other day
"What on the internet stays on the internet, like forever."
Nark

No, there are many internets but there is only one Internet.
Edward A. Falk wrote:

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of CREATING that he had done."
I just KNEW there were parallel universes!
On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 01:07:18 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

Where's your proof, Ed? Specifics, please. And please don't quote climate models which still have holes the size of the planet in them. They can't even predict the immediate past, let alone historical data. And all of them have continually been revised downward as they see that the original premises were a far cry away from any professionally captured data we've seen yet, even by the alarmists themselves (if you can still call them professional after their email fiasco.)

"I took the initiative in creating the internet." sounds awfully damned close to that claim to me. Does anyone else feel that way?
initiative/i?niSH(e-)?tiv/Noun 1. The ability to assess and initiate things independently. 2. The power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do.
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 06:13:08 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

What? You're saying that inventors don't create? <sigh> He was taking credit for the internet. Do you buy that? I don't. He may have been one of 5,000 people doing so, but it's likely that he did it either 1) mistakenly or 2) only for the glory.
Oh, I see. You're one of those Clinton "What 'is' is." folks. Adios, sucker. It's back in the box for you. <plonk>
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

I sure hope the wishful thinking here is correct. The writer is affiliated with institutions that deny global warming, so it is a bit self-serving. I am not qualified to go to the original reasearch ...
The writer's institution refers to opinion articles in Nature that are highly critical of "The Heartland Institute" <sic>. This is 1 of the articles :<http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110727/full/475440a.html I did have access through my old siubscriptions ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/29/11 6:20 AM, Han wrote:

The guy who says, "Um, no, the sky is fine, there's no reason to be alarmed," isn't self serving. The guys who are yelling, "the sky is falling" and seek to profit from it are the ones who are self-serving.
--

-MIKE-

You left out the part where I said that I didn't go to the original research because I'm lazy as well as not qualified in the area. However, I am qualified to test whether the statements of these guys in the original link might be influenced by their views. I conclude that the statements in their report <http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping - hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html> are self-serving because the authors are funded by their "non-profit" that holds the same views. I could go and see whether they overstate the results of the oiginal research report in the journal "Remote Sensing", but my prejudices (I admit it) say that is too much trouble.
Yes, I am a flaming liberal who thinks we should contain CO2 emissions etc etc, because they cause global warming. I also know Earth has been through hot periods before, and might have gotten hot without human caused CO2 emissions. But why exacerbate what can't be good for us?
--
Best regards
Han