[OT] What Grows in My Garden

...just had to share this with you all. If you don't recognize it, it's called a stinkhorn mushroom(Phallus impudicus). The Latin name says it all.

Lawrence L'Hote

Think I'll stick to vegetables.

Reply to
George

Back in the mid 70's a co-worker told me about a Peter Pepper. I really could not believe until I saw the Peter Pepper just how realistic it was other than the green color.

Reply to
Leon

Looks like a small turd... better not eat that one..might make you see things....

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Actually I sent a pic of one to a.b.p.w.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, like the anesthesiologist passing you the gas just prior to your liver transplant. Happens a couple times a year around here, if they don't die first.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

So...which part of the name is attributed to the "Stinkhorn" moniker? The Phallus part or the Impudicus part?

(Jus' thinkin' out loud)

Philski

Reply to
philski

|"Mark Hopkins" writes: |>Looks like a small turd... better not eat that one..might make you see |>things.... | |Yeah, like the anesthesiologist passing you the gas just prior to |your liver transplant. Happens a couple times a year around here, |if they don't die first.

About 10 minutes ago (getting dark) I was checking out my wife's veggie garden and "harvested" a Crotalus atrox. I have eaten them but I left this one out for what must be the world's largest Felis rufus that drinks at the watering hole in my back yard.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

This thread makes me think I should e-mail my senator, and congressman, and petition them to make it mandatory to get a license to operate a camera.

Then when a second childhood is proven to have set in, the license is revoked. Unfortunately, pictures such as these would be the proof.

JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.

GREEN ONIONS

J T

OK you mad scientists, in english this time!

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

|OK you mad scientists, in english this time!

The usual response would be DAGS but okay...

Crotalus atrox --> Western Diamondback rattlesnake Felis rufus --> Bobcat.

Reply to
Wes Stewart