[OT] What Grows in My Garden

...just had to share this with you all. If you don't recognize it, it's called a stinkhorn mushroom(Phallus impudicus). The Latin name says it all.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/so-gross.jpg
Larry
Think I'll stick to vegetables.

Back in the mid 70's a co-worker told me about a Peter Pepper. I really could not believe until I saw the Peter Pepper just how realistic it was other than the green color.

Actually I sent a pic of one to a.b.p.w.

Looks like a small turd... better not eat that one..might make you see things....

Yeah, like the anesthesiologist passing you the gas just prior to your liver transplant. Happens a couple times a year around here, if they don't die first.
scott

I've never been so bold as to pick wild ones and eat them. The only mushrooms I eat come from the grocery store and go with the steak or in the salad.

it's
it
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:09:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
|>Looks like a small turd... better not eat that one..might make you see |>things.... | |Yeah, like the anesthesiologist passing you the gas just prior to |your liver transplant. Happens a couple times a year around here, |if they don't die first.
About 10 minutes ago (getting dark) I was checking out my wife's veggie garden and "harvested" a Crotalus atrox. I have eaten them but I left this one out for what must be the world's largest Felis rufus that drinks at the watering hole in my back yard.
OK you mad scientists, in english this time!
writes:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:03:05 -0400, "Mark Hopkins"
|OK you mad scientists, in english this time!
The usual response would be DAGS but okay...
Crotalus atrox --> Western Diamondback rattlesnake Felis rufus --> Bobcat.
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

So...which part of the name is attributed to the "Stinkhorn" moniker? The Phallus part or the Impudicus part?
(Jus' thinkin' out loud)
Philski
This thread makes me think I should e-mail my senator, and congressman, and petition them to make it mandatory to get a license to operate a camera.
Then when a second childhood is proven to have set in, the license is revoked. Unfortunately, pictures such as these would be the proof.
JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.
GREEN ONIONS http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/download.php?d_id /green.mid