OT: What good are the random searches in NY?

Page 3 of 5

Everyone misunderstands words sometimes. Even me.
"Some of these people have even been trained to disassemble. That means to not tell the truth". -George W. Bush
David wrote:

Not all that bad an idea. Shall we try---gasp!--woodworking?
Charlie Self wrote:

as long as we are OT, we are not allowed to discuss woodworking. :)
Dave

Here? :-)

Get over yourself already, FFS. His question about your age, as he explained, was so he would know if you had experienced a particular series of political historical events in person, or if you had read about them as history. It's what's called a "framing question".

Uh oh. Now he's gonna think I was trying to frame him.

Sorry, my bad. Didn't consider the audience.
Why are you trying to frame the guy, Doug? Seems more like a unibody type to me...

American gothic, ya know?
Doug Kanter wrote:

Dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

Dave H., you're wasting your time. remember that this is bay area dave you're arguing with....

Regards,

Unless your senator is Russ Feingold, your senator didn't vote against it. Have you taken it up with them?
Dave Hinz wrote:

I was referring to crackpots; not legislators.
Dave

Then ask that question to the crackpots. I don't care for Feingold as my senator, but once in a while, he votes the way I agree with, even though I invariably disagree with his reasons.
Doug Kanter wrote:

An article on Google news reminded me of this: we are such a running-scared government that we have to spend more money to feed the scum bags at GitMo than other prisoners because they "need" a special diet!!! SCREW their special dietary needs! Feed them, but don't spend additional funds to provide a diet that keeps the protesters happy!
Dave

Kind of a thoughtless statement. I can lock you up, impound all your belongings, deny you all access to the outside world and basically deny you any access to legal counsel. But if I feed you well with whatever you want, there's no doubt you'll continue to be happy, right?
Upscale wrote:

Dave
David wrote:
<SNIP>

;-) Glen
Doug Kanter wrote:

If they are not searched, then they are the ones who will be used to carry bombs.
Pretty obvious, isn't it?
Been done twice recently too, only they were younger.
--

FF

David wrote:

You advocate the approach that allowed the bomb aboard the flight that exploded over Lockerbie. No need to search the luggage belonging to a young European Woman.
--

FF