OT: What are your thoughts on this?

I believe that the NRL (which never sponsored the research, but rather one of the NRL researchers was advocating it) has completely given up on the soi disant cold-fusion research to which I suspect you are referring.

The only viable tabletop fusion is muon-catalyzed fusion which was known before pons-fleichman and it takes more energy to produce the muons that is obtained from the subsequent fusion.

Scott Lurndal

Curiosity is powered by an RTG (Radio-isotope thermal generator) which generates electricity from the decay of Plutonium.

Plutonium RTG's also power the Voyager spacecraft and all outer-solar system craft.

This is neither fission nor fusion.

The soviets did place a fission reactor in orbit in the 60's.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Apparently you confuse power with liberty ?

Reply to
Atila Iskander