OT -- well, more or less

I am re-working my links page on my website on account of because it's hideous.

If anyone is interested in a reciprocal link exchange, contact me at

bill att nmwoodworks.com

I normally put links from my links page (less than 50 per page to keep under the search engine radar) to your index page. That is what I hope you will do for me. I am, at present, organizing the links into reasonable categories and making a page for each major category.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

So, where's the links page?

Reply to
LRod

Left hand column.

The current links page is:

is shrinking. Nearly gone. Its links are being sent to other pages. When its current links are gone, (don't bother bookmarking it, bookmark the home page, instead) it will be deleted.

The new structure will become:

Home page w links to link pages in LH column Categorized Link Pages with a full page (or more) per category

Each link page will be limited to about 35 entries and contain other useful text to avoid being branded a link farm. According to my reading, Google considers a page a 'link farm' when it has 50 or more outbound links. Even after allowing for miscellaneous advertising links, I want to leave a healthy margin for error or changing standards.

It's still comparatively new (~6 months), but I am working very hard to make it a worthwhile site. Worthwhile within the craft / trade. Worthwhile to potential customers.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Reply to
LRod

What are you trying to tell me? That's the same reason my Dad reads the obits.

Bill

bill at nmwoodworks dot comm

Reply to
Bill in Detroit