OT: Weather report and Calvin

Well, I live where there's BIG snow, but it's so common we take it for granted.
Nonetheless, the dog story reminds me of my dog's problem during a similar cold snap last year. After dragging his undercarriage through the snow and getting it wet, he would sit out and watch the world (can you say numbnuts?) go by. Succeeded in getting a good case of frostbite on his penis sheath. Vet said it wasn't that unusual, and given his reaction to licking the salve, I don't think he did it for the rub....
I had a pup a while back. 130 pound husky/shep. In this weather, he'd do the twenty foot pee 'n dash.
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:43:19 -0600, Dave Balderstone

calmly ranted:

Three feet of WHAT in SoCal, jo4hn?

TWO FEET in a day? Lordy!

Let's hope not.
Thank your lucky stars, Yack! I got half an inch on my truck roof and hood the day after Christmas but none stuck to the ground. It's 23F out there right now. Hmmm, this place _is_ colder than LoCal. ;)
- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------ http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

All three of my feet. Don't unnerstand the question Larry.
    querulous,     jo4hn
Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually it was more like 8 hours.
I posted twice earlier and it did not show up so, I am reposting again using a difference news server.
We are bracing for Old Man Winter, it is raining and expecting 1" of ice follow by snow later. This morning I refilled my propane tank, buy 5 gal kerosene to prepare for expected power outages. The icy-mix will be more severed than the one experienced two years ago. The last power outage lasted for more than three weeks in some areas.
My wife came back early, and everyone at her office has taken leave for tomorrow. Schools within the metropolitan close early for this "Big" one.
We are bracing for this BIG ONE! Anyone need free lumbers? :-)

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 4:30pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) waves and calls out: If there is anybody still out there, hello. Just wondering how youse folks are doing with the weather <snip>
Hello. Yep, we have weather too, 77 degees today. Now, you know one of the many reasons I don't live in Californery. Hehehe Go out in the shop and make a sled, then use it. Snow sled, not saw sled. That is the ONLY thing I miss about lots of snow winters, sledding.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death

Well, here (southern Indiana) it's been in the low 60's the last few days. Of course back Christmas eve it was something below zero at night with a foot or so of snow and frozen rain; a few days later there was the freezing fog. Got to love that Ohio Valley weather, if you don't like it, wait a few minutes, it'll change.

Makes me nervous to see a 4wd coming in the snow. Just last week I looked in the mirror of my Buick and saw the one that just had squeezed me into the deep, soft, white stuff stop rocking back and forth on his drivers door.

When I delivered papers there were a few bad winters where we hooked the mutt to the sled and let him pull the paper bag. Temperatures in the teens, papers probably out weighted him four or five to one, atleast six inches of snow, otherwise we would have been on bikes. He enjoyed it, but one day it was too cold and his feet got to bleeding; we made him ride the rest of the way. He would have much rather kept pulling.
'course we was kids back then. Hey, this is getting close to being a "five miles to school in the snow, uphill, both ways" story! Cool, I AM turning in to my old man.
trad ya, he in Boise we had one snow storm and only got 1" and that melted later the same day, up until this week it's been in the 50s, cold and damp until this week it dropped into the 30's and dropping into the teens at night but big deal. I want snow!
jo4hn wrote:

Richard Clements wrote:

    entreprenurially yours,     jo4hn