OT: Weather report and Calvin

Well, here (southern Indiana) it's been in the low 60's the last few days. Of course back Christmas eve it was something below zero at night with a foot or so of snow and frozen rain; a few days later there was the freezing fog. Got to love that Ohio Valley weather, if you don't like it, wait a few minutes, it'll change.

Makes me nervous to see a 4wd coming in the snow. Just last week I looked in the mirror of my Buick and saw the one that just had squeezed me into the deep, soft, white stuff stop rocking back and forth on his drivers door.

When I delivered papers there were a few bad winters where we hooked the mutt to the sled and let him pull the paper bag. Temperatures in the teens, papers probably out weighted him four or five to one, atleast six inches of snow, otherwise we would have been on bikes. He enjoyed it, but one day it was too cold and his feet got to bleeding; we made him ride the rest of the way. He would have much rather kept pulling.

'course we was kids back then. Hey, this is getting close to being a "five miles to school in the snow, uphill, both ways" story! Cool, I AM turning in to my old man.

Reply to
John Keeney

Well, I live where there's BIG snow, but it's so common we take it for granted.

Nonetheless, the dog story reminds me of my dog's problem during a similar cold snap last year. After dragging his undercarriage through the snow and getting it wet, he would sit out and watch the world (can you say n*****ts?) go by. Succeeded in getting a good case of frostbite on his penis sheath. Vet said it wasn't that unusual, and given his reaction to licking the salve, I don't think he did it for the rub....

Reply to
George

This morning Regina is reporting -38C (-51C with wind chill)...

It's -31C (-44C with WC) here in ToonTown (2 hours north).

I gotta go warm up the car now.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:39:07 -0500, Nova calmly ranted:

Three feet of WHAT in SoCal, jo4hn?

TWO FEET in a day? Lordy!

Let's hope not.

Thank your lucky stars, Yack! I got half an inch on my truck roof and hood the day after Christmas but none stuck to the ground. It's 23F out there right now. Hmmm, this place _is_ colder than LoCal. ;)

- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------

Website Application & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Richard Clements

All three of my feet. Don't unnerstand the question Larry.

querulous, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

You pay for shipping? entreprenurially yours, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I had a pup a while back. 130 pound husky/shep. In this weather, he'd do the twenty foot pee 'n dash.

Reply to
SawDust

Edmonton was absolutely beautiful, there and going there (flying over the Rockies). But then, I was in Edmonton in August of that year. You have been to the Parliment Building, top floor, magic spot, haven't you? If not, you really must. I was not impressed at all until I stood there - it

*really* does sound like water is going to be pouring all over you! Glenna
Reply to
Glenna Rose

Actually it was more like 8 hours.

Nova