OT - we're not bad

In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.

We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time, but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never seen responses as bad as those from that group.

So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not, my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Flame wars. Firewalls were asbestos in those days.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

You F'N STOOPID SOB! You don't know shit from Shinola (it's NOT a town in Florida). How dare a dim-witted, DNA-challenged, F-nut like you make such a determination! Go crawl back into the slimey, scum-lined hole you came out of, and pull a rock in behind you to seal off the stench. Read a book or two while you're in there, maybe learn something.

Sheesh.

-TES

Reply to
Theodore Edward Stosterone

Well the civility lasted about as long as, well you know.

Reply to
Rich

Dear Larry: Is it just me, or are you talking about THIS group?

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Apologies (and I am sincere).

I flip back and forth between here and rec.outdoors.rv-travel from time-to-time. I honestly thought this post was from over there.

Yes, this is a very civil group.

(especially compared to them).

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I will absolutely second that comment. I don't even post over in RORT anymore. Doesn't make any sense to do so.

Robert Allison New Braunfels, TX

Reply to
Robert Allison

You would have to work hard to get nastier than it gets on alt.food.barbecue.

There are a couple of nut jobs that post such foul profanity over there that they have pretty much killed the group. And they are proud of it!

If you seasoning wood isn't what use, they blast you. Got a favorite style of barbecue? Better hit the group bully's sweet spot. One of those insane nut jobs actually volunteered to drive to my house and kick my ass to show me how tough he was. What a temptation....

Worse, he is such a craven coward that he limits his posts to a 7 day window at which time they disappear. To top that off, he is his own sock puppet. If he posts something that no one responds to, he posts under another name then fights with himself, using such descriptive profanity it is ridiculous.

Between him and two others, that fine group of barbecuers has fallen almost completely silent.

Overall, I am surprised at how active this group is, and for the most part still a pleasant place to play.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

All is well on The Wreck.....

Reply to
Robatoy

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...

Robatoy

Reply to
Robatoy

ones ankle.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

RonB

Reply to
RonB

All is well on The Wreck.....

Till summer and school let's out. LOL

Reply to
Leon

bark out.

-- A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. -- William S. Burroughs

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean the leash?

Reply to