OT - we're not bad

Page 1 of 3
In wandering around the web today, I ran across some posts to an old newsgroup (not ww) now defunct. I was amazed at the invective. A couple of the posters responded with all the profanity and obscenity they could spew anytime anyone disagreed with them.
We've gotten into some pretty heated discussions here from time to time, but it's rare for anyone to resort to personal insults, and I've never seen responses as bad as those from that group.
So to all who have agreed with my off topic rants, and all who have not, my thanks and congrats. Seems this group is pretty civil.

Flame wars. Firewalls were asbestos in those days.
Dave in Houston
Dave In Texas wrote:

Well the civility lasted about as long as, well you know.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

You F'N STOOPID SOB! You don't know shit from Shinola (it's NOT a town in Florida). How dare a dim-witted, DNA-challenged, F-nut like you make such a determination! Go crawl back into the slimey, scum-lined hole you came out of, and pull a rock in behind you to seal off the stench. Read a book or two while you're in there, maybe learn something.
Sheesh.
-TES

Dear Larry: Is it just me, or are you talking about THIS group?
RonB

Apologies (and I am sincere).
I flip back and forth between here and rec.outdoors.rv-travel from time-to-time. I honestly thought this post was from over there.
Yes, this is a very civil group.
(especially compared to them).
RonB
On 1/13/2011 10:13 PM, RonB wrote:

I will absolutely second that comment. I don't even post over in RORT anymore. Doesn't make any sense to do so.
Robert Allison New Braunfels, TX
You would have to work hard to get nastier than it gets on alt.food.barbecue.
There are a couple of nut jobs that post such foul profanity over there that they have pretty much killed the group. And they are proud of it!
If you seasoning wood isn't what use, they blast you. Got a favorite style of barbecue? Better hit the group bully's sweet spot. One of those insane nut jobs actually volunteered to drive to my house and kick my ass to show me how tough he was. What a temptation....
Worse, he is such a craven coward that he limits his posts to a 7 day window at which time they disappear. To top that off, he is his own sock puppet. If he posts something that no one responds to, he posts under another name then fights with himself, using such descriptive profanity it is ridiculous.
Between him and two others, that fine group of barbecuers has fallen almost completely silent.
Overall, I am surprised at how active this group is, and for the most part still a pleasant place to play.
Robert

All is well on The Wreck.....

Mind you, we have a few who stand guard...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/BigBadDawg.jpg

Not my dawg, but I'm in love....
On 1/14/2011 6:25 AM, Robatoy wrote:

: ) know the feeling ... the rest of the story:
http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/PandiBelle #
And here's one for the grand-kid's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTflXVqqOI

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

How DO you discipline a face like that?...(or can she do no wrong?)

Surely you jest.... not that cute little mop. She is a sweetie. Having seen Karl with her first hand I am sure that unless she did something so completely terrible that is hasn't been thought of yet by human beings..... she would be greeted with a chuckle.
BTW, Karl... I a surprised we (meaning me) didn't find her carefully placed inside Kathy's travel bag while on the way home, and you guys finding Kathy's clothes on the upstairs bed.
Kathy was pretty smitten with that little girl.
Robert

It was apparent the feeling was mutual ...
<your baggage was checked by the built-in scanner as you walked out the door> ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Obviously not a cat-scanner then?
On 1/15/2011 9:48 AM, Angela Sekeris wrote:

Close ... unhappy cat tries to lure pup into the cold cruel outside world, hoping pup will get lost and cat can have old life back.
Cat's are slick ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 04:24:09 -0800 (PST), Robatoy wrote:

I hope it doesn't slip its leash, it could leave a nasty abrasion on some ones ankle.
basilisk

You mean the leash?

RonB