OT: We hung some signs.

The Christina side of the building doesn't have 'The Look' like the water front.

for watching.

Reply to
Robatoy

Looks good.

It must have been a lot of work patiently hand carving out that Celtic cross and letters.

I had no idea you were such a Neander! ;-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice! =

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Begora, that's a brightass bildin', boy. I'd be willing to bet that the original Masons wouldn't have let ya do that to their work.

That's a very nice sign, Toy. Too bad it's a couple inches too far to the left... ;)

-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Robatoy wrote in news:d6b4bd6e-eb3e-4f48-856b- snipped-for-privacy@cu4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

NICE!!!

Reply to
Han

The blood and the blisters, the endless hours of sharpening.... the shavings all over my plaid shirt, MAN what a lot of work!

Reply to
Robatoy

Best price to scaffold, tarp, permit and blast it and rework, north of $50,000. So paint it was.

I told them what you said, so they're moving it.

Reply to
Robatoy

What he said. The whole building looks great.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The blood and the blisters, the endless hours of sharpening.... the shavings all over my plaid shirt, MAN what a lot of work!

Oh come on..... CNC job??WW

Reply to
WW

Smashingly executed, Amigo!

Reply to
Swingman

Yaaa think?

Reply to
Robatoy

Say it ain't so....not after all the ooh'ing and ahh'ing I did!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

To: -MIKE- Re: Re: OT: We hung some sign By: -MIKE- to rec.woodworking on Thu Apr 14 2011 11:45 am

I am trying to understand all of this. what is the goal on this building? Changing into a church or what??

Reply to
Internetking

48-856b-

Or what. Right answer.

Reply to
Robatoy

Paint is fine, but the colors they chose were a tad bright, oui?

It's my Quality Assurance eyeballs. What can I say?

P.S: I -was- serious about the alignment, but I doubt you were about their moving it.

-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They WILL be re-hanging the whole thing. They couldn't install a batten on the left side and have it line up with the small batten on top.

Reply to
Robatoy

That's what caught my eye. Were the battens covering the joinery of the panels on the building front? If only they'd had you make the sign a few inches smaller...

How much to chop off a couple inches on each side, Toy?

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, I just go by the drawings.....even though I made those myself..

We'll just stretch the building.

Reply to
Robatoy

I doubt 'er, Biyull. No elbow room, with those other buildings rubbing themselves against yours.