OT: We have talked about this before. (Automobile manufacturing related.)

This does not just reflect on the car industry, btw.
Ford did not ask for a bail out. They took their hits a few years back. Smart. Very smart.
And now this:
pay close attention to the last phrase of the narration.
http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id 89
And now you know why the automobile industry will never be the same in the US and Canada.

No union would allow a manufacturing plant that efficient and technologically advanced to be built.

That'll show them!!!

Yup! Too many have so been paid way way way beyond their work place value, now it is biting them in the butt.

I was in Brazil last year. The Fords there were not the same as we see here. Also they ran on gas or alcohol. Fuel was about $5 for 4 liters. Brazilian money. The town I was at seemed to only have fairly new cars. I inquired about this as found out that when a car reaches over ten years you will not be able to license it. Also even though the traffic was heavy ( over 1 million population) the air was clear of any smog. WW