OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Page 9 of 11
On 1/8/2012 9:18 AM, Han wrote:

Consider that guns have been being registered in some form for many years. Now consider the fact that many people still think that registration should implemented. Now consider that nothing has improved.
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:34:44 -0500, Mike Marlow wrote:

At least in some states, if you are involved in a felony and that felony results in a death, you are responsible for that death. Period.

Here in Indiana, the law holds all participants in a crime to be fully responsible for all of the results of that crime. If four men rob a home and kill the homeowner, all four will be charged with the murder of the homeowner; if, instead, the homeowner kills one of the robbers, the three surviving robbers will be charged with the murder of the dead robber. It appears that Oklahoma law has similar provisions. I bet Texas law does, too.
On 1/6/2012 9:39 AM, Swingman wrote:

No shit! Why should the second guy be charged with murder?? No murder was committed. Smells like a liberal. Someone is going to pay for killing the worthless POC and we will never make it stick on the young woman.
Leon wrote:

Better check your definitions.
Homicide = Killing of a human being by the actions of another Murder = Homicide with premeditation and malice or homicide committed during the commission of a felony. Note the person committing the homicide need not be the felon (as in defense of self).
On 1/6/2012 5:16 PM, HeyBub wrote:

I under stand the laws say it is so but what moron made that law up.

Is it possible that they want people to stop committing felonies? I think it's probably a good law in most cases.
-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Hey!! I agree with that - deterrence may even work sometimes.
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/6/2012 10:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he should be prosecuted for assisted burglary, not felony murder.
On 1/6/2012 10:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

In cases where it applies, yes.
That said, it's amazing at how many ignore the original circumstances and run rabbit trails on hypothetical, totally different scenarios, to bolster weak, eGoogglebrain, arguments.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 1/7/2012 9:52 AM, Swingman wrote:

Exactly! Lets not consider the actual facts and what actually happened.
Lets imagine the worst and go for that.

That's what usenet is for!!!
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/7/2012 1:19 PM, Han wrote:

Yeah! LOL

Hey, this is USENET, not a court of law. Kangaroos are allowed.
-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

A group of people are standing on a cliff on a dark night. One of them tells another, "Go ahead and jump off. There's a lake at the bottom." He does so, falls on to the rocks, and dies. The others in the group testify in court that this is what happened. The jury is satisfied as to the veracity of their testimony and convicts the defendant of murder.
Substitute "Break in to that trailer" for "Go ahead and jump." Seems logical enough to me. Presumably a judge and jury, upon hearing the evdence and arguments in court, (unlike those of us merely speculating in a newsgroup) will make the right decision.
:wq

On 1/7/2012 7:48 AM, Larry W wrote:

Is that what the guy outside the trailer said??? Or did he say I'll wait out side while you go into inside "your trailer" to take a piss. Hey dude! Why are you kicking in your door??? BANG? The friend is dead and you are up for murder.
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 09:18:20 -0600, Leon wrote:

He's been charged with murder, not convicted. A trial will decide intent and guilt. Don't get your knickers in a twist :-).

On 1/7/2012 11:57 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Actually I do not believe he has been charged for murder at all, I think that was suggested by a someone that had heard something that some one said that oddly the media has not got wind of and yet seems to be common knowledge only here in this group. ;~)

"Prosecutors have instead charged the intruder's alleged accomplice, 29- year-old Dustin Stewart, with first-degree murder in the death of his friend, Justin Shane Martin, 24." A news report, so not authoritative ... http://tinyurl.com/6t4ggnq http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-mom-face-charges-victims-accomplice/story ? id304382#.TwisXjEgd-U
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/7/2012 2:36 PM, Han wrote:

Humm... we'll now see if it makes it to court.