OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

OK, you understand that the criminals don't do that, so what difference will gun registration make, Han? Why is that such a good idea to you? I don't understand that. It only penalizes the GOOD guys.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only if you ignore the possibility of what would have happened had I walked in from work, unsuspecting and unarmed, an hour earlier ... think about it. I have ...

Reply to
Swingman

Amateur

Reply to
Leon

Common sense.

You are riding in the car with a friend, he runs a red light gets hit and is killed. You are charged with murder because you were riding with out wearing a seat belt????

Now do you see the logic?

Reply to
Leon

I under stand the laws say it is so but what moron made that law up.

Reply to
Leon

I understand it is law in some places, makes the same sense as it being unlawful to drive a car "with" a windshield.

Lets say you don't want to commit a felony murder but your buddy goes nuts and gets killed. That is the risk with going out with a friend with laws like this.

Reply to
Leon

That that last sentence is what is wrong with that kind of mentality of the law makers.

Reply to
Leon

No. because (a) the two of you were not involved in the commission of a felony, and (b) it was not reasonable foreseeable that your failure to buckle up would kill anyone.

Now, if you were committing an armed robbery of a convenience store, and the store clerk shot and killed your partner in crime, you convicted of murder for the death of your partner. But for the chain of the events resulting from your decision to commit a felony, no death would have occurred, and it is reasonably foreseeable that your intended victim might try to defend himself. Your intent to commit a felony transfers to an intent to be responsible for the results, including someone's potential death. There's no problem with holding you responsible for the consequences of that decision.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Good thing no one killed, having personally experienced that crime you would have been lawfully charged with murder.

Reply to
Leon

yesss and that would then appear to be several. I'm trying to help you out, work with me here.

Reply to
Leon

OK you are missing the point here. I understand that some believe that this falls under a felony murder law and the implications that go with it.

I am saying that it is stupid and because your buddy gets killed while committing a crime is not reason to be charged with murder. If you were not there, there would be no murder. Your being there and him being killed as a result of self defense does not make you a murderer.

You and your buddy go in to a bar, he carries in a concealed gun with out a license and you don't know it. He gets into a fight pulls his gun but gets shot by the bar tender and dies. You are charged with felony murder. Does that sound about right?

Reply to
Leon

Amateur ================================================================ Got to say though that if one was to have only one gun, you can't do better than a shotgun. Self defense, small game, big game. It'll do it all. Doesn't lend itself to pocket carry, though.

Reply to
CW

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

lots of snippage

Even in a liberal state (I think) like New York, they are charging the 4 friends of the perp who killed a policeman during the commission of a burglary with murder of some kind. They were active participants in the robbery, not just lookouts. Slightly, but perhaps significantly different. sorry for the wrap

or

You and your buddy go in to a bar, he carries in a concealed gun with

This is different. The 2 go into the bar to have drinks, not to have a fight.

Reply to
Han

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're right, by now it may be too late to be really useful. Still, why make it even easier for criminals to get guns?

Reply to
Han

The Taurus Judge - .410 shotgun and .45 rounds in a revolver. Load up a couple of snake shots followed by some .45 rounds in case the snake shots fail to convince the snake you really don't want his company.

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

The law has no meaning to criminals. They don't register their firearms.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Why make it harder for upstanding citizen to exercise their constitutional rights?

Gun control laws have done nothing to deter criminals from using gun in crimes, nor have they cut down on the crime rate. The blatantly obvious fact that is obvious to everyone except liberal lawmakers is that criminals who use guns to commit crimes overwhelmingly use illegally obtained guns to commit the crimes.

All those laws do it inconvenience upstanding citizens and make it more expensive for them to own and operate their own guns.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The last I heard, running a light isn't a felony.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is it possible that they want people to stop committing felonies? I think it's probably a good law in most cases.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No FELONY involved.

Reply to