OT: warranties

Page 5 of 5

There is a funny saying about old Chevrolet's. They run longer badly than other cars run.

"Wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?"
... Hell No!

My '01 LeSabre has: broken heated seat replaced temperature sensor cruise control switch held in "on" with a broken piece of toothpick rebuilt transmission ($2600) wheel bearing replaced (not just the $4 bearing, but the whole damned $200 assembly) front rotors replaced vents on passenger side stuck in cold air position Leak in brake system (been too cold to check and crawl under with an injured knee) Ignition coils replaced
To make this woodworking related, both rear windows are held up with a piece of wood. No kidding, about three months apart the cable system mechanism broke so I removed the door panels and wedged them closed with a notched stick and replaced the panel.
I used to laugh at people that bought Hyundai when they first came here. Bought an '07 Sonata and it has 51,000 perfect miles. It also has every luxury feature that the Buick has, handles better and is faster, for 10 grand less.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Lose the phone number to Ecology Auto.
They pick up that kind of crap.
Even pay you for it<grin>.
Lew
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

My wife bought an '08 Sonata. She was impressed with the safety features. I was impressed by the fact that I could sit in it and not bump up against anything. It was roomy for a big guy like me. They wanted to sell us an extended warranty. But it has been just fine and we have heard good things from other people.
I was reading some reviews about the Hyundai SUV's. They consistently were rated less than many others. Including some others I knew were problematic. I looked a little closer. The problem was that they did not have the big engines in them. Which might be a problem for pulling trailers, etc. But not for everyday driving.
So I checked the gas mileage of different SUV's. Hyundais did quite well. Some old habits die hard. The Hyundais were being marked down for having good gas mileage! And Detroit wonders why they are having problems.
Gerald Ross wrote:

I read where Buick won some sort of JD Power award beating out Lexus. What's that tell you about JD Power? Take a look at http://www.jdpower.com/autos/Buick/Enclave/2008/SUV/ratings . Seems it didn't get a 5 ball rating in any category but won the "Most Appealing Midsize Multi Activity Vehicle" award. Zowie.     gronk,     j4