OT - War rant

Page 2 of 2

You of course know that it is the job of the pentagon to continuously plan on how to invade and defeat every country on the face of the globe. It is what they do, just in case. I would expect there is a plan to invade Mexico, Canada, the UK, Iran, Iraq and all the rest.
As far as O'Neil goes, lets see....... His bigest complaint was that bush sits in cabinet meetings listening while his advisors give him their opinions then goes off and makes decisions? Hmmmmmmm sounds like a horrible manager to me (Sarcasim intended). Then the guy is fired because he wouldn't go along with the president..... And now he publishes a book that bashes Bush...... Hmmmmmmm, believe who you will.

What he was describing was not a Pentagon exercise in war theroy. This was a White House NSC meeting 10 days in to Bush's Presidency. What he talked about was an on-going plan at the White House on how to invade and occupy Iraq, and then on how to manage to oil fields. AND how to sell it to the American people. What you are talking about goes on in the corners of the Pentagon by geeks in front of computers.
You picture Bush as The Great Manager and he was describing a man who is being managed by Carl Rove and Dick Cheney. Whether you love or hate Bush most agree that he is not a great thinker. Finally, I don't think Paul O'Neil is going to go out of his way to bash the White House. He has nothing to gain from it. He has worked in 2 other Republican administrations and knows how things work in Washington. Also, Paul O'Neil didn't write or publish the book. He was interviewed by the author and supplied 19,000 pages of documents to the auther. Most of the damning information about the Bush administration comes form the documents not from Paul O'Niel's mouth. If Paul O'Neil simply wnet on record and said, "Bush is an idiot" no one would really pay that much attention.
Greg

Paul H. O'Neill was Treasury Secretary not Fed Chief. Allan Greenspan was and is still the Fed. Chief.
Dennis Vogel
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phil Crow) wrote in message

Take it to a more appropriate NG.
Dick Durbin

I guess you don't understand the root cause of "terrorism".

Given the controversy surrounding just how much the White House knew about the pending attacks, the Bush Admin stonewalling of the 9-11 inquiry, the unelected president who sat listening to schoolgirls talk about pet goats with the full knowledge that the country is being attacked, how well do you really think George Bush has protected you?
... snip

You forgot the black helicopters and John Ashcroft's personal imperial star-trooper squadron.
Rant on McDuff.

Now now, you're just making that up. Let's stick to the facts.

Bush was, in fact, lawfully elected, despite the strenuous efforts of Florida Democrats to steal the election, in violation of both state and Federal election laws. FYI: the Supreme Court voted 7-2 that the Florida recounts were illegal. Not 5-4 as commonly misunderstood by the news media. The 5-4 vote was over the question of whether the recounts should be allowed to proceed. Yes, folks, that's correct: two of the seven justices that voted that the recounts were illegal, later voted that they should be allowed to continue anyway.

50,000 eligible-to-vote Florida Democrats whose names Jeb removed from the voter lists would beg to differ with you.

cite.
todd
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:38:21 -0600, todd wrote:

MoveOn.org, Salon.com, whywehatebush.com, etc.
-Doug

And I get assaulted for getting my facts from Fox News....
Let's try this again....cite (from a reputable source). For some reason, I'm not certain I'm getting accurate information from "whywehatebush.com".
todd

Facts from Fox News? Reminds me of the term Jumbo Shrimp.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:27:20 -0600, todd wrote:

Don't blame me - I'm just giving some sources for this crap.
-Doug

Do you regular Reynolds aluminum foil or the heavy duty stuff on the inside of your helmet to prevent government mind control?

Do you get your "facts" from Fox news?

That was my only posting in this thread, and I asked a question. I did not state any facts. I guess you pay attention to threads about as well as you do to facts. Get over it. Your guy didn't win Florida. The Supreme Court affirmed the State of Florida certification of the results. If you'd like to let me pick and choose which Supreme Court decisions we can listen to and which ones we can ignore, I've got a list ready.
todd

Don't be silly. This is a woodworking group. I use a veneer helmet.