OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

You need a better news reader, Charlie.

Yer replying and cutting the headers with your replies. Include the headers...follow the number of arrows...and you'll be able to make sense of the posts.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

I sometimes look in the mirror and ask myself how I was stupid enough to marry someone that said 'yes' when I asked her. And I'm afraid to have her eyes checked!

I deserve better! RIGHT! lol

A buddy of mine recently sent me an email picture...of an 80 year old woman. Everything has sagged...except those silicone implants. lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

No doubt yer tryin' to be facetious...but that's a very good idea.

Anything in the health care field is also a good idea.

Hey, Mike...you might wanna consider starting up yer own medical transport company. Might be the best of both worlds...seein' what yer doin' now. All you'd need is a good van...and probably a conversion down the road. Contact Social Security or some of the charitable organizations in yer area if yer interested.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

And not too long ago, you could drink and get behind the wheel of a car...and nobody much cared.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Quite.

Reply to
Silvan

Trent didn't attribute that part to you. Nested quotes, and all:

Its interesting that you would talk about her that way.

. . .

So, he attributed "SWMBO works at Wal-Mart" to "Silvan". He attributes "Just saw the headline" to "Charlie Self".

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

When I was stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army, we would always chuckle at the blue-collar, tradesman-type workers (carpenters, cobblestone layers, plumbers, etc.) They believed in starting the job early, and usually worked 6:30-2 or so. Around nine o'clock they'd take their first beer break, and break out one bottle of beer and a hard roll. Lunch was about 10:30, and consisted of one bottle of beer and a sandwich.

Like many others here, I've never worked anywhere where it was acceptable to have even a single drink at lunch. I never understood why anyone would want to. There are certain meals with which a glass of beer or wine are the perfect touch, but lunch during the work day has always been "functional" to me... it's fuel, and you just eat and then go back to work without worrying about the gourmand aspects.

After the whistle blows, Retreat is sounded, the sun sets... whatever your standard for "end of the day", then by all means enjoy a libation. I'm enjoying a beer as I type this at 9:45 a.m., but of course I work midnight-8, so it's 6:45 p.m. by my clock. :-)

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

AMEN!

Reply to
Dr. Know

Culture. For centuries in Europe beer has been the drink of choice for meals because of the dangers in drinking unsanitary water. Wine was also appropriate, but more expensive. It wasn't until perhaps the late

18th or early 19th century that the concepts of sanitation and water treatment were implemented into municipalities.

I'm sure those workman would not only be puzzled at any concern over their "drinking" but would also probably snort in derision if offered the substitute of a weak ass American beer.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

We once had to evacuate the south end of town after a Foreman misjudged the distance when repositioning a couple of bulk rail cars and snapped the hose we were using to empty a bulk car of sulfer dioxide.

Whew. Fortunately we had protective gear, as was de rigueur when working around that nasty stuff, but we still got out of there fast.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

LRod notes:

Probably pushing the WWI era, from what I read.

Oh well. Might be good to see what they think of Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. Or, since I'm told at least the Brits don't like ice in whiskey, without the rocks.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

Actually, no. Unless things have changed, the only time German beer has the alcohol content of American beer is during "starkbier" season - roughly equivalent to bock season. The stuff they drink at work for lunch is about like the old 1.2 near beer.

I was over there for one of those and the Germans kept warning me to be careful because the beer was so much stronger than normal. Not to me, bu it sure did taste a lot better than American beer.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

That's kinda how I feel about it too. I have no idea why anyone would be dumb enough to marry me, but I gave up trying to figure it out years ago.

Thanks for sharing.

Reply to
Silvan

Crawling around in human shit can't be any worse than D.C. traffic. :)

Reply to
Silvan

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:19:31 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Wow, a human BOLO!

- Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life. ----

Dynamic Database-Driven Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:25:24 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

There's a difference? Oh, sh*t ponds are less humid than D.C.

- Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life. ----

Dynamic Database-Driven Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques responds:

Barely. But D.C. is usually windier, making for some interesting days and nights.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:42:14 +0000, LRod scribbled

Not in Southern Europe. I remember in 1964, when I visited my grandarents, my (OBWW: cabinetmaker) grandfather would buy wine for

220 Lire a litre - that was about 30 cents - including a 50 Lire deposit for the bottle. I remember because we had a Coke in Venice that cost 600 Lire, and my mother made a point of saying how expensive it was.

Wine was almost always watered down with mineral water, a habit I still have unless it's an exceptionally good bottle.

Luigi Zanasi

Trent© wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've never been employed by WalMart....don't know anyone employed by WalMart, and am not a union member.....and I think WalMart is an enormously harmful entity.

I buy NOTHING there....since I know every cent of profit goes directly into the pockets of the richest family in America...and precious little goes to their employees or suppliers.

Reply to
stickdoctorq

Monitor wipes pleeze

Curse you Larrikin