OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

Page 5 of 6
On 4 Dec 2003 01:10:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Charles Self) wrote:

[urban legend snipped]
Charlie, I'm surprised at you. I would have thought you might check things like this out before repeating. Take a look at:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
The story is false.
My first rule on the internet is whenever I feel myself getting agitated at a story someone is posting, go to snopes.com before replying.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod states:

Mostly false. I've apologized already. My source is a friend and former Marine I figured had checked this out.
Wrong. But one mistake in 30 years is not a real problem.
Charlie Self
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin
Another Urban Legend. See http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp for the full story.
"Charles Self" wrote

Rick posts:

I checked out the Snopes site: after that, it seemed to me that Mr. Forrey has some unstated aims in his letter that are not particularly admirable. Several of his misstatements strike me as outright falsifications rather than mistakes in understanding, particularly the part about support of gay and lesbian (I guess the repetition was so we wouldn't miss the supposed import) and the company being French owned. Too, I was more upset by the alleged refusal of support for Toys for Tots (a small group of us in Bedford, VA worked our butts off for several years to build up one of the most successful small detachment T4T programs around) than the rest, which also turns out to be untrue.
I've so notified my buddy who passed the letter on to me, and I apologize to the wreck for any upset this may have caused.
Charlie Self
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin
On 21 Nov 2003 23:56:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

You find that unusual? lol
Have a nice week...
Trent

Given WalMart's marketing strategy, I wonder how many of them were made in China. Perhaps I could have phrased that better, but you get the idea.
Bob

Not if WalMart doesn't want to get sued and lose. That would be illegal.
Walmart doesn't worry about the laws. I am a former employee (9 years) and I would bet they will all get fired. It won't be for posing in Playboy, but wait till they show up 5 minutes late for work. Walmart is all about P.R., and it ends there.
On 21 Nov 2003 19:47:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ToolMiser) wrote:

I figure that, if'n the pictures come out real nice like, they'll all be promoted to "personal assistant" right quick-like.
Tom Watson wrote:

I doubt it. Maybe, but probably not. They're ruthless, heartless bastards, but they take propriety very seriously. I can recall times when male managers sent lovely females home for not wearing bras and/or panties.
ToolMiser wrote:

SWMBO just survived her 10th year. I can't believe she can still stand to work there.
That's a job I won't miss.
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:56:28 -0500, Silvan

What kind of work do you do, Mike?
Have a nice week...
Trent
Trent wrote:

Had to go off to truck driving school to escape Wally World. I'm an over-the-road truck driver. I lucked into a job that allows me to have some modicum of a normal life, which is the only reason I can tolerate the work.
One of these days I need to go to grad school. If I could ever find a field in which there were actually stable jobs.
Or wait a few more years for my degree in Spanish to become useful here. :)

Chinese imports.

No doubt yer tryin' to be facetious...but that's a very good idea.
Anything in the health care field is also a good idea.
Hey, Mike...you might wanna consider starting up yer own medical transport company. Might be the best of both worlds...seein' what yer doin' now. All you'd need is a good van...and probably a conversion down the road. Contact Social Security or some of the charitable organizations in yer area if yer interested.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Gasp! You mean they are risking their $4.65 per hour, no benefit, McJobs?
(Charlie Self)

George responds:

Actually, it's $5.15 an hour. I think WM does have some benefits, too, but I've got no idea who pays the major load--at minimum wage, you can't afford much of a share.
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

Depends on what they do.
I know both a store manager, and an IT guy that work for Wal-Mart in CT, and they do rather well.
Barry
says...

According to the news story I heard last week, a spokeswoman for Walmart expressed the companies "disappointment that these employees chose to pose nude", However, she also indicated that they would not be fired, nor would there be any repercussions. Guess Walmart also did the computations and decided that having attractive women as employees was a *good* thing, and probably figured that firing employees who were probably paid the equivalent of a year's Walmart wages weren't going to really be too hurt by being fired.

snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

Oh, I forgot to add, you can send the $100 to .... :-)