OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

Page 4 of 6
Not if you know the definition of "hypocrisy".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

AMEN!
Add pictures here
βœ–

never
on
And not buy a huge percentage of their merchandise from a country (China) that they would regard as atheist and communist.
Bob
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com says...

Now, now! Mustn't let morality interfere with profits :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–

Are you talkin' about we, the consumer, Bob? Or are you talkin' about Wal-Mart?
Why is it that only the FORMER employees...and union members...think negatively about Wal-Mart? lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
βœ–
Trent writes:

Bullshit. I am not a union member, nor am I a former employee. To think negatively about WalMart, I suggest as the simplest procedure the pruchase of a men's shirt. Third washing at least one sleeve will nearly fall out. I tried that 4 times, got tired of driving in to get my money back.
I'd rather pay 3 times the money for LL Bean and get something that lasts...and doesn't follow current clothing trends.
Charlie Self
"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White
Add pictures here
βœ–
Trent© wrote:

That's a crock. I know literally dozens of Wal-Mart employees. They all hate the company, and hate the job. Especially the ones who have been around long enough to remember what things were like when "Mr. Sam" was still alive and at the helm. When the bean counters took over, that company went to hell.
βœ–
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Crawling around in human shit can't be any worse than D.C. traffic. :)
βœ–
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:25:24 -0500, Silvan

There's a difference? Oh, sh*t ponds are less humid than D.C.
- Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Database-Driven Websites
Add pictures here
βœ–
Larry Jaques responds:

Barely. But D.C. is usually windier, making for some interesting days and nights.
Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–

I've never been employed by WalMart....don't know anyone employed by WalMart, and am not a union member.....and I think WalMart is an enormously harmful entity.
I buy NOTHING there....since I know every cent of profit goes directly into the pockets of the richest family in America...and precious little goes to their employees or suppliers.
Add pictures here
βœ–
stickdoctorq wrote:

You're wasting your breath though. Those who would argue the contrary will just point out that those jobs, and the people in them, have no real value to society anyway, and they're currently overpaid. These are the same people who will, likely as not, bitch about the service at Home Depot with the very next breath.
βœ–
Charlie,
I hesitate before taking that at face value. Is it truly factual?
Greg
Add pictures here
βœ–
Groggy asks:

No.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
It tends to make me wonder what Forrey's agenda contains since his original complaint contains some out and out lies.
I apologized elsewhere in this thread.
Charlie Self
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, Target, is owned by the same folks that own Marshall Fields.
"Dayton Hudson Corp". H.Q. in Minn., MN.
I don't think that's French.
Add pictures here
βœ–
If it came from Charles Self, I would not question it.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Apparently, Charles has an imposter floating around.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Apperently, I spoke to soon. :)

Add pictures here
βœ–
CW notes:

It is NOT factual. I screwed up that time, big time.
Charlie Self
"I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem-and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Add pictures here
βœ–