OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

SWMBO just survived her 10th year. I can't believe she can still stand to work there.

That's a job I won't miss.

Reply to
Silvan

I doubt it. Maybe, but probably not. They're ruthless, heartless bastards, but they take propriety very seriously. I can recall times when male managers sent lovely females home for not wearing bras and/or panties.

Reply to
Silvan

I bet the women in the WalMarts around Hollywood look better than average. Probably a good alternative to waitressing.

Reply to
Montyhp

According to the news story I heard last week, a spokeswoman for Walmart expressed the companies "disappointment that these employees chose to pose nude", However, she also indicated that they would not be fired, nor would there be any repercussions. Guess Walmart also did the computations and decided that having attractive women as employees was a

*good* thing, and probably figured that firing employees who were probably paid the equivalent of a year's Walmart wages weren't going to really be too hurt by being fired.
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I was an air traffic controller for the FAA for 30 years. They had the same policy.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I've heard women describe it as "lacquered up..." ;-)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Oh, I forgot to add, you can send the $100 to .... :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I guess that makes you a survivor of the Reagan firings.

The day America died.

Reply to
Mark

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!

Gimmie a W!

Gimmie a A!

I never did that, except once. One day I was lucky enough to be selected to

*lead* the damn thing.

I still have flashbacks.

Reply to
Silvan

Somehow, I don't think a WalMart employee is apt to send a speeding shopping cart into the ground, killing dozens of people.

Charlie Self

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Charlie Self

Only in the sense that I spent 20 months on the street but was fully restored due to FAA incompetence.

That's my feeling, too, but I'm not sure whether we're looking at it the same way.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Count, chickens, hatch. Don't.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I am a former employee, and I got into a heated discussion with the store manager over some of their policies.

- The store sold beer, but we weren't allowed to consume any (even if we purchased it ourselves) at company functions such as X-mas parties.

-They sold music but dancing wasn't allowed at the functions either.

I was told "Sam Walton" was a very religious man and the company would never allow these things, to which I replied then maybe they shouldn't be open on Sundays and religious days, and not sell cigarettes, alcohol, and music..

Reply to
ToolMiser

I couldn't help noticing down through the years that there is no more fertile ground for hypocrisy than a religious man.

Reply to
Swingman

Too often true, I'm afraid. I can name one or two who break that mold, but it's not typical.

More than that I'd best not say. That's a big can of worms that doesn't need opening here and now.

Reply to
Silvan

Ah, then we're looking at it exactly the same way. Thanks.

It took one of my friends more than 18 years to get back on the job. The time away took its toll. He'll never be able to get fully certified and will just limp along until retirement in a few years. Although it may seem like a good deal for him, every controller worth his salt wants to be fully certified. There's no satisfaction in being a partial. It's a shitty deal for the taxpayer. But then, so was reagan.

Most never got back. I was very lucky. If it hadn't been for stupid local management (as opposed to stupid federal management) neither I nor about 40 others would have gotten back at my facility.

Thanks for your support.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Given WalMart's marketing strategy, I wonder how many of them were made in China. Perhaps I could have phrased that better, but you get the idea.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Probably not as it wasn't me who lost my job.

When Reagan illegally fired federal employees it effectively gutted unions/ labors/ working persons power.

The fact that it created an extremely dangerous situation (and it's a miracle people didn't die) because the Reagan Administration didn't want to deal with ATCs in a manner laid out by law and contract illustrated how far an administration can and will go.

The fact that experienced ATCs were forbidden back into the towers thus continuing the dangerous situation told me power and control was more important than anything else.

Reply to
Mark

And not buy a huge percentage of their merchandise from a country (China) that they would regard as atheist and communist.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Now, now! Mustn't let morality interfere with profits :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard