OT-VIDEO of AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS

Page 4 of 9

Medical treatment at a Bagdhad hospital? You're suggesting this justifies the war? Get serious.
"Anonymoose" <Ihatespam> wrote in message

osama himself was in the us receiving dialysis treatments a couple months prior to 9/11. where does that put the us?
randy

before 9/11. I don't know of any report that he was actually on US soil.

Source for this, please... perhaps you're thinking of Mohamed Reza Shah Pahlavi.

im trying to avoid a semantic argument. its well known he was in an american hospital in july of 2001. whether or not you call that 'in the us' is open to debate. i call it in the us. im not claiming he was in the us proper or 'on us soil'. only that we knew right where he was and that place was controlled by the us. our government knew he was there.
let me bring this back to the context of this discussion:

im simply saying that if thats the link between al-qaida and iraq, the us is guilty of the exact same things. we gave him aid, support, and medical treatment shortly before 9/11.
randy

I'm glad my existence doesn't bother you, as well as the fact that other people share my views. Which is most of the world, by the way, and an ever increasing number of Americans, as recent polls suggest.
I'd like to clarify one point, if I may. Generally, people like Americans. Most of the global anti-US sentiment is not directed at the American people, but rather the US government and especially the Bush administration.

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way. I mean that just because we disagree doesn't mean that I have a problem with you personally. Hell, we would probably get along fine if we knew each other.

For every poll that suggests this there are 3 that disagree with it. Polls don't really mean a whole lot.

And there you have it folks. The root of this whole discussion and the sole mission of mp and his ilk ever since 2000. Get rid of Bush no matter what the cost. I doubt even mp will disagree with me on this.
Frank

I don't care much for Bush, but I'm not alone here; neither do 55% of Americans (according to a recent poll), nor probably 90% of the rest of the world. It's certainly not my "mission" to "get rid of Bush no matter what the cost". The American public will do that themselves this fall.
says...

getting many "anonymus" (sp?) campaign contributions from the Bushites?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Hey, mp seems quite alone here. Where are the usual OT quacks who want to blame the EVIL RICH or the Vatican? Come on guys!! P_j and Big Bill, you guys gotta be out there somewhere.

Piss off.

Quack? You mean Thomas Jefferson and Smedley Butler. Those are the people and their 'ilk' whose words and principles you have the most hatred for.

I prefer to blame evil actions on evildoers. You want to call it justice and democracy.
You keep trotting out that straw man argument.

Sure, but so far the obviously fake video hasn't even really been discussed. The usual suspects, the statists like Juanita haven't made any arguments (and as usual, those who support the rule of law and individual rights are 'fellow travelers').
Well other than:
"Iraq has harbored terrorists for years."
"Only a mental midget to try and suggest that these prisoners are anyone but terrorists and murderers with American blood on their hands."
"Al-Qaida kidnapped and executed Nick Berg."
No matter how many innocent civilians were murdered, we're better than Saddam was...
What's to dispute?
--
"The administration cannot be trusted to govern if it cannot be counted
on to think and, having thought, to have second thoughts. Thinking is

Speaking of nuts... PLONK!
On Fri, 21 May 2004 20:44:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

It would seem that Joseph Smith has once again been visited by the angel Moron.
(watson - who wonders where they all come from...sigh...)
Regards, Tom.

I'll just be glad once Kerry is elected because starting January 2005, the whole world will love us again and terrorism will go away.
todd

And yet, in a woodworking discussion group, you're more noise than signal. Odd, that. I'm not killfiling you because I disagree with you, I'm killfiling you because the group was just getting back to topic.

Thanks.
:     The thing you have to understand with mp and his fellow-travellers : is that it doesn't matter what the circumstances, it is *always* the fault : of the US. The US attacked on 9/11? It was our fault -- we obviously did : something to make these people hate us. A civilian who went to Iraq to : help rebuild the country's telecommunications infrastructure was beheaded? : Obviously it was Bush's fault. USA Today the other day tried to generate : moral equivalence between humiliating prisoners (for which we don't : necessarily have the full story yet) with napalming civilians, killing : suspects, and other events that resulted in the DEATHS of people.
<snip of like material>
Nothing in what mp wrote suggests anything like this. Why on your view is criticism of a war equated with hatred of our country?
You'd probably lump me in as a "fellow traveller" (my, how 50s of you!). I think the US is a great country. I would rather live here than anywhere else. I respect our military. A lot.
What I also believe is that we are engaged in a war that was justified on the basis of very different things publicly and privately; that our military losses in Iraq are a horrendous mistake; that Iraq will not become a democracy, but will turn into another theoecracy dominated by hateful and violent fundamentalists; and that we are not safer than we were before the invasion. In short, I think we - the US, our country -- would be much better off, in many ways, if the Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Wolfowitz group had not decided to invade Iraq.
That doesn't make me any less of a patriot than you. Same for mp and other critics of the war.
    -- Andy Barss