OT-VIDEO of AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS

Page 1 of 9
AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS CAUGHT ON VIDEO
It is very sad that this has happened. On reason this happened is that he was American. Another reason is that he was Jewish. I am only posting this so that people can see the reality of the evil that is out there.
The video can be found and downloaded here:
http://www.ogrish.com
Allen Zucher posits:

All it took was one reason, either would have done, but for you to post it in a woodworking group presents you as an asshole, particularly since this news has been available for almost 48 hours now. Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
On 12 May 2004 22:36:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Geez, Charlie, you said "asshole." You know who has a hair trigger that that sets off.
Although I agree with you 100%.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Tell me, what's more evil - a beheading, beating detainees to death, or a dropping a 500 pound bomb onto a crowded marketplace?

I'll vote for the intentional murder of an innocent person as most evil.
todd
On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:38:41 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"

I think there's some back story we're not getting. for instance, what the hell was he doing there?
On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:29:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote:

According to the news reports I've read - for whatever they might be worth - he owns a small company and was hustling business for that company - "looking for work".
According to those same reports:
1. He had been detained by the Iraqi police/US Military, who apparently were not satisfied with that explanation of his presence. 2. He was released by the US Military only after (his parents?) brought suit in Federal Court. 3. Almost immediately (a couple of days?) after his release he dropped from view and reappeared in this video.
My suggestion for anyone is to stay the Hell out of a combat zone if you don't absolutely have to be there.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

any idea what that "work" was? there's too much doublespeak going around for me to not be suspicious. it's like the use of "private contractor" for mercenary. those guys ARE legitimate targets in wartime, and considering that they commit the most obscene of the atrocities, they will (and should) be prime targets.

I'd guess that whatever it was, it wasn't particularly aboveboard, nor was it in the iraqi people's best interest....

absolutely.
    Greetings and Salutations.
On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:44:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote:

    I wondered this myself. According to several sources, he was in the business of repairing communications towers, and, apparently felt that Iraq was likely to have a lot of opportunities for work.

are there and not attached to either a military or military contracted operation are going to be suspect.

    And according to some recent reports, he checked out as a legitimate businessman on a valid mission.

had supposedly picked him up for suspicion of drug trafficking, my first thought that was they decided, when they could not prove anything, to go ahead and dump him out in the courtyard of either one of the drug lords, or, one of the various fanatically anti- drug factions...

    Hard to say. Apparently he had a great sense of sympathy for the Iraqi situation, and was actually trying to help them rebuild their infrastructure.     While one never knows, there is no hard evidence so far that he was anything other than what he said he was...a bright, technically competent fellow who had a great taste for adventure, and, perhaps a bit more idealism than was good for him.     It does not seem that this should, in any way, lessen the condemnation of the fanatics who killed him, and their actions. They have not helped their case in MOST of the world, although I suspect that in several areas it is playing well.

    I agree. It is just not wise to go into an area that is still actively hostile, unless one has a fairly large gun, lots of ammo, body armor, and, several buddies to watch one's back.     Dave Mundt

How does it matter which is more evil?
are you kidding? In an election year, it matters.
dave
Paul Kierstead wrote:

That's my point. Killing innocent people is evil regardless of whether they're American, Iraqi, or Jewish.
IMHO, I think that hijacking 4 airliners full of people and ramming them into buildings, while killing thousands as a result, definitely goes to the top of the evil list............ Mark L.

Which didn't have anything to do with Iraq.
Speaking of evil, what about the 20,000 - 30,000 innocent Iraqi civilians that have been killed in the last year? Does their slaughter rate anywhere on your evil scale?

Even if those numbers are correct -- which I doubt -- it's still an order of magnitude less than what Saddam was doing. Any rational individual would have to consider that an improvement.

mp has apparently made this up. No surprise. The worst case numbers I found came from a website http://www.iraqbodycount.net . Their count is 10994 and seems to include civilian deaths from any and all sources including attacks by Iraqui insurgents/terrorists, those hit by errant missles/gunfire by Iraqui army, any source that puts deaths above the "normal" for a time period, civilians running checkpoints, etc.

If one considers "normal" to be what Iraq has unfortunately experienced during the two decades preceding the current American occupation, civilian deaths during that occupation have been at a far *lower* rate than "normal".

The website you mention trys to keep an accurate count of all verified deaths, ie. those who have been brought to hospitals or morgues, or whose deaths have been reported in the media and verified from multiple sources.
Muslim tradition is to bury the dead as soon as possible, and the reality of the situation is that many of the dead are buried right away, often close to where they died, without having their deaths being officially recorded.

Ok, so where do you get your numbers from?

I keep a hat handy, but most of it comes from what's being reported in various international media.