OT: Very OT - Are any of you guys watching the Weather Channel?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:28:52 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Got most of my utilities back today except for the phone. I almost feel guilty for having power, so many are without anything.
Death toll in Tuscaloosa is around 40 the last I heard, one bit of information that isn't being widely reported (I don;t think it is anyway) is that there are 400 missing, one can hope they are merely displaced.
I posted a pic over at ABPW of an encouraging act I saw today.
basilisk
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in wrote:

Thanks for the picture. Lew said it most eloquently - the serenity of the foreground grass belies the tree destruction in the background.
Let's hope the missing found refuge with friends or relatives and that as power and communication is fully restored they will all "surface" ...
--
Best regards
Han

Yeah. Grand, ain't it? <polishes fingernails on his chest>
-- We're all here because we're not all there.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote:

Yeah. Grand, ain't it? <polishes fingernails on his chest>
You polish your fingernails? ;-0

Of courth I do, thweetie. <wink> Just like Bugs Bunny. I breathe on them and then fold my fingers and buff the nails on my shirt fabric. (Bugs uses fur, BTW.)
-- We're all here because we're not all there.
On 4/28/2011 6:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: ...

Could be...that's size of the one that took out the town of Greensburg out here 3 years ago -- they're nasty buggers, indeed. That one rolled/carried a JD 9700 Bullet Rotor combine seven miles from the dealership where it started. The static weight is roughly 30,000 lb iirc. Rolled and tossed it like a ball; all it was was a green blob when done...
willshak wrote the following:

As of this time (6:30 PM EDT), the death toll is up to 281.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY