OT: Using an iron to pop out dents in wood.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007450221,00.html
The most incredible sounding instrument on the planet (not including big church organs, of course) Find a quality recording of Tori Amos's Cornflake Girl.
What a shame to see that Imperial just lying there...
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Ouch! ... new meaning for a diminished chord. And another example of how it pays to use professional piano movers.
After the flood of '01, a man, with no help but his 16 year old daughter, took SWMBO's piano, an upright, out the front door, down one step to the sidewalk, out to the street, and then into the back of their covered pickup in less than three minutes, never broke a sweat, and never actually lifted more than about 1/5th of the piano's weight ... all without benefit of a tailgate lift.
One of the most amazing feats of engineering choreography I've ever seen ... I still couldn't explain how they did it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

That was bad, Swing...verrrry bad.. ( I liked it.)
Good thing a child wasn't pinned underneath the piano.. . . . .
A-flat minor.
(wasn't mine... I stole it.)

"Robatoy" wrote in message

yep ... a flat three, plus a flat five = diminished.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Anybody know what notes we need to remember when crossing the street?
"DerbyDad03" wrote

Do tell ... waiting with bated breathe. :)
(I've lived a sheltered life).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

-- Anybody know what notes we need to remember when crossing the street?
- Do tell ... waiting with bated breathe. :)
C-sharp or B-flat
Please deposit all groans at the door.
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Yep, pretty awful, alright ... but Robatoy will love it. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

I kinda' did, too!

What is the actual name for a chord of all 12 notes played at once, all 8 octaves?
Ferd Farkel wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:

Don't you mean cacophonic dischord?

Ferd Farkel" wrote in message

Jazz ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

If you mean the music of Schoenber, Berg, Alban Berg, Webern, etc. It's Twelve-tone technique, or duodacophony. The chord is a tone row. Once the basic tone row is established, it is often permutated by inversion and retrograde. The tone row can be started on any of the 12 notes, so there are 48 different ways to play the tone row.
I'm not sure if all 8 octaves are used.

that I couldn't help him load it, as my back just wasn't up to it. He said he moves them around all the time. He picked it up, carried it 25 feet and carefully laid it in his truck. He was about 5'9"; maybe 160 pounds. Amazing.