OT: US plywood facing "unfair" foreign competition

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101306473
How do you call this one? Should a home-builder have to pay higher price for non-imported plywood?
"Bill" wrote in message

Makes me wonder what impact the export of veneer logs from the U.S. has had on the U.S. hardwood plywood manufacturers. The international demand for logs pushed log prices up to the point that a few years back they were helicoptering logs out of the Catskill Mtns. to help satisfy international demand for veneer logs... Top dollar for the log suppliers often came from overseas.
It's clearly a world market... low cost relative to quality tends to win in such a market.
John
On 1/2/2014 5:39 PM, Bill wrote:

Well it is like anything else. If you are not competitive you loose the sale. Basically we are starting to see what our jobs are really worth. When the employees are paid and compensated way more than the job should actually pay this is what happens.