OT: TV In The Shop?

Can you finish a project as fast as Norm? <G>
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Mark Jerde" wrote...

No TV, a local radio station plays all the Eagles games.
Do have a 5 CD player with an FM broadcaster attached so I can hear CDs through the WorkTunes hearing protectors. Today was Surf Guitar day, tomorrow may be Latin, or Jazz Guitar, or the Dead, or Beethoven Piano Concertos.
Who is Earl Nightengale, and what does he play?
--
Timothy Juvenal
www.tjwoodworking.com

A good author & motivational speaker who died in 1989. "Success" stuff. http://www.earlnightingale.com /
-- Mark
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Mark Jerde" wrote...

Cool. But I don't understand how anyone speaking could be more inspiring than the mod groovy sound of surf guitar. >8^)
--
Timothy Juvenal
www.tjwoodworking.com

Add pictures here
βœ–

Seems like the calendar in picture #10 would be more of a distraction. ;-)
βœ–
Yep, I've got a small TV in the shop. I even built a hanging cabinet on the wall for it and my stereo with a door of plexiglass to enclose it and keep the dust out. Nothing is better than working in the shop with a baseball game on the TV.
Add pictures here
βœ–
TV's on something interesting when doing boring milling operations, usually hgtv, dsc, milt, tlc, etc.... When thought is involved, it goes to XM classics. Very inspiring.
jc

Add pictures here
βœ–
Joe wrote:

Channel 14, 74 are interspersed with bouts of 44. In limited doses 77 when designing/drafting.... mind you, any hint of Enya on 77 and we're back to Bluesville74. Channel 14 stays on until I can no longer tap either foot. *G*
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sat, Jan 6, 2007, 10:24pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nospam (Mark Jerde) doth query: <snip> Anyone else have a TV in the shop? <snip> I go to my shop to relax. A TV in the shop wouldn't allow that. When I'm working on something I definitely want to concentrate on that, not a TV. I have a radio, that comes on when the power comes on, low volume, and normally tuned to a 24 hr classical station - it's changed when they play opera, or singing - then it's classic rock & roll, or on Sunday evenings, bluegrass, When the power tools are on, I can't hear the radio. When they're off, and I'm working on something, it's a non-intrusive background. When I just sit and relax, being classical music, I don't even need to listen to it, just absorb it. I got a bit of aromatic cedar long ago (sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods, from a true believer. I'd planned on probably making something nice for the dau-in-law from it, but the smell is sooo nice, that sitting out there, letting the music soak in, smelling the light scent of the cedar, and just reaxing, that I've put off touching it for awhile. A TV in the shop? - no way,
JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also. - Igor Stravinsky
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote: [snipped for brevity] > A TV in the shop? - no way,

Just TRY and talk to somebody whilst standing next to a TV and they will not be able to keep their eyes off the damned screen. As a media device, TV's are cool, and I watch a bit of programming (Lost is on tonight, yay). TV's are useful when performing mundane tasks like doing the treadmill for 1/2 hr. But there is no place for them in the shop.... not in my shop anyway. Too distracting/dangerous.
βœ–
Got one just to watch the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturdays in the fall. Considering this past season I am now thinking about throwing it out !!

Add pictures here
βœ–