OT: Tool Illiteracy

I have often been amazed and sometimes amused on many folk's attempts to describe a tool for sale on the web. If these folks just did a web search with their description, they would find out in a hurry that there is no such tool. But I saw something this morning on craigslist that was funny.
They were describing a big truck with a small crane on the back. It came with an auger attachment. And that is not all. On the front of the truck was, and I quote, "a big wench". LOL I thought that craigslist didn't do those types of ads any more. Since I am a literal person, I immediately got a visual of the truck mounted big wench. And promptly determined it would take a unique type of individual to equip his truck in this fashion.
OK Lee, back to work.
On 09/19/2012 12:11 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

describe a tool for sale on the web. If these folks just did a web search with their description, they would find out in a hurry that there is no such tool. But I saw something this morning on craigslist that was funny.

an auger attachment. And that is not all. On the front of the truck was, and I quote, "a big wench". LOL I thought that craigslist didn't do those types of ads any more. Since I am a literal person, I immediately got a visual of the truck mounted big wench. And promptly determined it would take a unique type of individual to equip his truck in this fashion.

I've never found big wenches all that interesting...
Tim Daneliuk
Lee Michaels wrote:

I wanted a wench for my truck, but my wife vetoed it.
--
G.W. Ross

Let he who takes the plunge remember