OT: Too funny not to share.

Our daughter received a mylar helium filled Smiley balloon from a well- wishing friend (wisdom teeth surgery). Slowly that balloon came down lower from the ceiling till Moxie The Dog finally could reach it. She (Moxie) got thoroughly infatuated with the damned balloon because every time she tried to bite it, it would drift off again. She finally, after entertaining the family for quite a while, got her fangs into the balloon, which popped a hole and scared the livinbejeezus out of her...in the process, she got a lung full of helium and when she barked her bark sounded so funny, we damn near died laughing. Wish I had that on video.
On 7/15/2010 10:14 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Good one ...
Funny how these little critters have such important things to do, and they go about doing it with such a business like dedication ... and no distractions, if you please.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

I've got a dog named moxie and could live the fun vicariously.:-)
--
Uno

On 7/15/2010 6:40 PM, Uno wrote: > Swingman wrote:
>> Funny how these little critters have such important things to do, and >> they go about doing it with such a business like dedication ... and no >> distractions, if you please. >> > > I've got a dog named moxie and could live the fun vicariously.:-)
Sadie Belle thinks all shoes deserve to die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy3gHrZVM7k

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Hehehehe, at times it looks like the shoe is winning...

Boy, she's Serious about that!
"Lobby Dosser" wrote:

----------------------------------------- As a kid was given a pure bred English Setter my dad named "Mike".
We lived in a 2 acre woods with a creek along the edge.
"Mike" had a classic "soft mouth" for a hunting dog.
I raised ducks and "Mike" could crack a pinhole in a duck egg and suck it dry just like a weasel leaving the empty shell as evidence.
Would feed "Mike" marshmallows.
If you just threw the marshmallow he would catch it in mid air and swallow it.
OTOH, if you allowed "Mike" to lick the marshmallow out of your hand, he would keep it in his mouth playing with it until it got sticky where upon it would get stuck in his teeth.
When his teeth got stuck, he would use his forepaws to try to pry his mouth open.
Whole process took maybe 5 minutes and was hilarious to watch.
No matter how many times we pulled this trick, "Mike" never seemed to learn.
Lew
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:59:29 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Mike learned that his performance earned him more marshmallows. He had you trained pretty well.
On Jul 16, 8:26am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Yup, just a little dance for his treat. Not bad for a Setter though.

That brings back a memory. As a kid I had a dachshund with a sweet tooth and he loved Sugar Babies. He'd chew on one till it got stuck in his teeth. Then he'd put his forehead on the ground, open his mouth, and try to literally dig it out with both front feet. He never learned either. Art

Food group habits are real hard to break!