OT: Too funny not to share.

Our daughter received a mylar helium filled Smiley balloon from a well- wishing friend (wisdom teeth surgery). Slowly that balloon came down lower from the ceiling till Moxie The Dog finally could reach it. She (Moxie) got thoroughly infatuated with the damned balloon because every time she tried to bite it, it would drift off again. She finally, after entertaining the family for quite a while, got her fangs into the balloon, which popped a hole and scared the livinbejeezus out of her...in the process, she got a lung full of helium and when she barked her bark sounded so funny, we damn near died laughing. Wish I had that on video.

Reply to
Robatoy

Good one ...

Funny how these little critters have such important things to do, and they go about doing it with such a business like dedication ... and no distractions, if you please.

Reply to
Swingman

I've got a dog named moxie and could live the fun vicariously.:-)

Reply to
Uno

----------------------------------------- As a kid was given a pure bred English Setter my dad named "Mike".

We lived in a 2 acre woods with a creek along the edge.

"Mike" had a classic "soft mouth" for a hunting dog.

I raised ducks and "Mike" could crack a pinhole in a duck egg and suck it dry just like a weasel leaving the empty shell as evidence.

Would feed "Mike" marshmallows.

If you just threw the marshmallow he would catch it in mid air and swallow it.

OTOH, if you allowed "Mike" to lick the marshmallow out of your hand, he would keep it in his mouth playing with it until it got sticky where upon it would get stuck in his teeth.

When his teeth got stuck, he would use his forepaws to try to pry his mouth open.

Whole process took maybe 5 minutes and was hilarious to watch.

No matter how many times we pulled this trick, "Mike" never seemed to learn.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Mike learned that his performance earned him more marshmallows. He had you trained pretty well.

Reply to
salty

Sadie Belle thinks all shoes deserve to die:

Swingman

Yup, just a little dance for his treat. Not bad for a Setter though.

Reply to
Robatoy

That brings back a memory. As a kid I had a dachshund with a sweet tooth and he loved Sugar Babies. He'd chew on one till it got stuck in his teeth. Then he'd put his forehead on the ground, open his mouth, and try to literally dig it out with both front feet. He never learned either. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Food group habits are real hard to break!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser