OT: too bad

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 21:40:51 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I keep telling people if they want a busy woodworking group, but without all the politics, religion and swearing, then they should have a look at the Festool Owners Group. Registration is limited to a valid email address.
Although it's a moderated group, that moderation is pretty benign as long as you don't get into the three taboos listed above. And, a major part the woodworking discussions have nothing at all to do with Festool.
But, if those limitations are also too much to bear, then the rec is one of the few alternatives.
Dave wrote:

lumberjocks.com and sawmillcreek.org
both offer something different (than what we have here). lumberjocks has a lot of members and they have a really huge skill-range, maybe too huge. sawmillcreek has a classified ad and "sale awareness" section in their forum (but you have to pay $6 a year to access that part). If it leads you to something once a year, you surely get your $6-worth! It pointed me to a new Delta 14" BS for $150 and, just recently, to a 2 year subscription to Wood magazine for $9.60.

http://festoolownersgroup.com / Much, much more general woodworking than just some forums dealing with Festool tools.
Might as well work up a list for those looking for something else

I apologize to the newsgroup for my political crap. The only excuse I have is that I feel I should let my viewpoint be heard too (most often I reply, not start a new thread or redirect from woodworking to poloitics.)
I use my real nickname (it's uncommon in the US), but since this is usenet, no other easy traces. Occasionally a real email address may pop up, either in response to a request, or to get a private response.
Also, because I retired and do not expect to have to ever apply for a job again, I couldn't care about potential employers reading my crap they can go ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/4/2012 5:52 AM, Han wrote:

There's a simple, easy solution -- if you don't like the off-topic "political crap", then DON'T READ IT.

By the same token there are (political N/G ) if you want to air your opinion, I'm just interested in rec.woodworking.
Sal