OT: To my fellow vets

Page 4 of 4

Born October 1944 in Hilversum, opgegroeid in Wageningen. Ik denk er precies zo over. I think exactly the same about it.
--
Best regards
Han

1949 Alphen aan den Rijn. 1966 geemigreerd naar Canada.
Het zijn niet dezelfde 'bevrijders' die nu in Iraak bezig zijn.
Here's to you: "Proost"
(I sure drove my spell checker nuts just now..LOL)
Add pictures here
βœ–

I went through university in Utrecht - MS in Biochemistry. Then I had to choose between the compulsory military service of ~20 months, or go to the US and work as a lab technician with the work counting for a PhD back in Holland. Simple choice. Once in Boston, there was no going back. In 76 we moved to the NY City area, where I still work now (lab is in the VA, appointment is at Cornell Medical College.

Translation: "It's not the same 'liberators' who are now in Iraq" I think that for many the spirit is the same as for those who fought in WWII. Contrary to Vietnam, the soldiers in Iraq have mostly chosen the soldier life for themselves and I honor them for that.

Cheers to you too!

BTW, I had to look up your company. We chose Silestone for our kitchen counter when we remodeled 5 years ago. In our former house we had a Corian bathroom counter, and I didn't like how that suffered from a serviceman's cigarette. Any reason you don't advertise that?
--
Best regards
Han

That is an easy repair‹ a simple cigarette burn should sand out rather easily.

I do promote DuPont Corian...except that it's a tough sell... pricey compared to other acrylic solid surface products like Wilsonart, Staron, Meganite.
Silestone? Been there, done that. Home Depot sells it now (as of 4 years ago) and I like selling Hanstone off Silestone quotes. Several reasons: Hanstone is properly serviced by a Canadian distributor from whom I already buy Staron. Silestone is serviced from Detroit MI, not always the speed of service I like. The fabricator of Hanstone also does my granite. It is a nice fit. Besides, Hanstone has better colours...(I have to say that now..*G* Many are very similar to Silestone.) There are a lot of quartz kids on the block, Silestone has done a fabulous job in marketing. Hanstone has one price for all their colours, the others (Silestone, Cambria, Zodiaq, Technistone, FormicaStone, etc) all have 'groups'... different prices for different colours...that's a pain.
But... business is business. When one of my contractors' architects spec's Corian or Silestone, I am always happy to oblige..*S* For direct retail, I like my exclusives.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nice!
Dutchman done good..*S* Congratulations.
Add pictures here
βœ–