OT: To my fellow vets

Page 3 of 4

Han wrote:
snippage of political rantings
Did you really need to hijack this thread thanking our vets? sigh...
dave
David wrote:

He was responding to the hijacker/troll/fool.
Charlie Self wrote:

I consider his somewhat longwinded politically toned post to be a furthering of the deterioration of this thread which was INITIALLY a well intentioned "thanks" to my fellow veterans. I see his post as part of the problem here. Others are guilty too, but I'm not going to make the same complaint over and over to each poster.
Dave
Hans,
The lack of invasion from the North was not necessary and does not affect current operations. You ought to know that.
You want a concrete action plan in a war against terrorists? Nice stuff against a massed army, but it ain't gonna work against guerrilla tactics or those used by these terrorists.
All good points, but your conclusions may be fallible. Why is it that you suggest these should be concrete plans. Can you tell me how long it takes to train and implement a security force and military force for a country under constant attack by terrorists?
How long does it take to let a country form self government? Isn't that happening? Oh, it doesn't fit your timetable?
All of these may fit into your little educational session, but how long does it take on the ground, in reality?
Great diatribe for a poly sci class or to banter about in retrospect, but how can you put a timetable on something that you don't actually understand the entire perameters of implementation?

afghanistan doesn't have oil.
You don't understand Afghanistan and it's role in world energy production, do you?
Typical..

Thanks you, sir.. and back at ya..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I decided to let this thread simmer for a while before I stuck my nose in. As a child born right after the war in The Netherlands, I have seen the ruins of Rotterdam and other places in Europe. Many school trips in elementary school were to places where certain heroic battles were fought, with the hardware still in place. I grew up with the deepest respect for those who were willing to drop what they were doing and after a 2-week puke-session, crossing the Atlantic, they would crawl through mud and dead bodies to free those who were occupied. THOSE selfless vets, *I* would die for.
I find it difficult to imagine that the grunts with their boots on the ground in Iraq are any less motivated. Most believe in what they are doing. It would be a bitch to die for imperialistic greed.
You forget those that died on 11 September 2001.
The current war is waged against those that took lives.
Idiot.

On 11/13/2005 1:09 PM Schuster mumbled something about the following:

You are the stupidest fuck I've ever had the displeasure to come across. Iraq didn't attack on 9/11, and this thread is about thanking veterans, not spewing your political crap.
We choose the battle grounds.
You want to thank Veterans? Thank those that fought...
Not some pussy like yourself .

On 11/13/2005 3:05 PM Schuster mumbled something about the following:

Once again, you prove your stupidity to the rest of the world. I spent 10 years of my life in the US Navy so you have the right to spew your political hate crap. Where the fuck were you? Did you serve? From the sounds of it, you didn't. Now, who's the pussy?
I should have done this 2 days ago.
PLONK
I served so you could peel potatoes on a bucket, you forgotten little puke.
OUF
Feet dry while you laid off the coast, pussy

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:24:20 -0800, Schuster wrote:

From the content of your posting here, you didn't have enough intelligance to peel potatoes.
If you're going to disagree with someone, do it by posting intelligible reasons why you think they're wrong, not by spewimg immature insults.
Schuster (in snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com) said:
| You forget those that died on 11 September 2001. | | The current war is waged against those that took lives. | | Idiot.
I doubt that anyone has forgotten the victims of 9-11. You dishonor yourself alone with your accusation.
Veterans' Day was set apart from all other days to honor those who have chosen to stand in harm's way, that their families, communities, and country would be less threatened.
Of those who died on 9-11, only the military personnel in the Pentagon, those passengers aboard United Airlines flight 93, and the police, fire, and volunteer rescuers at the World Trade Center made that choice - and I (we) honor them all for the courage to choose as they did.
The rest were innocent victims of terrorists' attacks. Only an idiot could fail to recognize the difference between happening to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and making a conscious choice to be part of a living shield.
Those directly responsible for taking lives on 9-11 also took their own. They're dead. At least some of their leaders are still alive and kicking /somewhere/ - but not, it would seem, where the current war is being waged.
That war, by the way, appears to be being waged against the friends of those who took lives; but not against those who actually took (or planned the taking of) lives.
I'm beginning to doubt that the 9-12 promise to bring those leaders to justice will be kept. I guess it's time to restore my old sig. Thanks for the reminder.
-- Morris Dovey
Read my lips: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Your Daddy was an idiot.
said:

At least he knows who is daddy is.
(Plonking starts on next program restart)
Robatoy wrote:

You win "best comeback" for today. <g>
Dave
Robatoy (in snipped-for-privacy@nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net) said:
| || Your Daddy was an idiot. | | At least he knows who is daddy is.
...and _my_ mother wasn't a bilge pump. (That puts me /two/ up on this loser.)
-- Morris Dovey
Read my lips: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

OUCH!!
(nice shot)