OT: Time to Go

It's time to end my ~20 year participation in the wRECk. I no longer have a shop and have pretty much lost interest in heavy duty woodworking. I still have a couple of my old timey saws (pre WWII), a contractor saw and a cheapo HF drill press which has helped the withdrawal. The rest of it I gave to my youngest daughter who is becoming rather accomplished. I have also been giving some of the smaller electrics to my youngest nephew who is quite enthusiastic.
So anyway keep trashing California, hang in there with the right wing stuff, and importantly keep up the good work. Good night and good luck. :-)     mahalo,     jo4hn
On 11/11/2014 9:12 AM, jo4hn wrote:

But John! What about the social aspect of the wRECk??? The countless ways to do electrical wrong, the countless ways to do finishing wrong, and so. LOL
Don't be a stranger.

Your contributions were welcome and will be missed. As you know having a shop is not a prerequisite for this group so feel free to contribute in the future.
Good luck

Aloha, John.
dadiOH, keiki o ka 'aina
On 11/11/2014 10:12 AM, jo4hn wrote:

Sorry to see you go, but I hope you enjoy whatever fills your time now.

You'll be missed, even from the east of the Atlantic Best of luck for the future
Mike
"jo4hn" wrote:

<snip> Enjoy your next part of this adventure we all call life.
Lew

Pop back from time to time, just to say hello.
All the best
djb
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
"jo4hn" wrote in message
It's time to end my ~20 year participation in the wRECk. I no longer have a shop and have pretty much lost interest in heavy duty woodworking. I still have a couple of my old timey saws (pre WWII), a contractor saw and a cheapo HF drill press which has helped the withdrawal. The rest of it I gave to my youngest daughter who is becoming rather accomplished. I have also been giving some of the smaller electrics to my youngest nephew who is quite enthusiastic.
So anyway keep trashing California, hang in there with the right wing stuff, and importantly keep up the good work. Good night and good luck. :-) mahalo, jo4hn
On 11/12/2014 3:32 PM, jloomis wrote:

Not so much trashing the state as your gub-ment, greenies, and we have to wonder how y'all are so puzzled about how dry, and hot, and firey it is there. ;~)
What is a greenie? And I am not puzzled by how dry, and hot.... Actually it is quite pleasant.... T-shirt weather all year around except for maybe a 2 week or less run. We have had some good rain too.
anyway, I love all our States.....they are United...... I love all the different cultures, tastes, ideas. Music, art, gardening.........sports....... natural resources.... Different foods...... very interesting place to live in the US of A john
"Leon" wrote in message
On 11/12/2014 3:32 PM, jloomis wrote:

Not so much trashing the state as your gub-ment, greenies, and we have to wonder how y'all are so puzzled about how dry, and hot, and firey it is there. ;~)
On 11/12/2014 6:06 PM, jloomis wrote:

Politically correct to a fault and or determent.

running out of water, solar arrays cooking low flying birds, fires..
No doubt we are only hearing about the sensational events rather than the normal pleasant daily life. ;~)

Good to hear.

On 11/12/2014 1:32 PM, jloomis wrote:

I also live in CA and have for 60 years. Wouldn't trade it for a Festool SCMS. Ummm. No. Wait...     j4

You should be replying that they trash your state because they're not living there.
On second thought, better not to write it here. Then, you'd get into a dozen arguments and have to stay here another ten years replying to all the replies. :)
On 11/12/2014 9:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

I like CA, and the folks who stay there ... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

CA is really good at getting people to stay put. Just try getting a little on your fingers. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

I'm in Central Valley, CA. It rained yesterday continue till morning. As far as I can remember this is the heaviest and the 3rd time this year.
Here something regarding "dry, and hot, and firey it "
The Real Death Valley -
http://realdeathvalley.com/
http://stories.weather.com/realdeathvalley