OT: This gut has figured out how to move pyramid sized blocks using leverage and muscle power. (Video)

This gut has figured out how to move pyramid sized blocks using leverage and muscle power.
http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/moving_big_rocks

That is hilarious. Aside from just the glee of watching an overgrown child at play, I think much of the delight comes from the stark contrast to the academian blundering in the past explaining how Stonehenge was raised. Moving the barn 300 ft is as good a trick as his stone blocks.
I agree - this guy has his act together. Simple ideas put together. Thanks - we might have to do some of this ourselves. Martin
MikeWhy wrote:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote

And all, just like the builder's of the pyramids and Stonehenge without benefit of an expensively educated "experts" ... simply, "where's there's a will, there's a way".
Inspiring ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Some people have an extraordinary talent for moving heavy objects around.
My wife's ex was a machinist. He was involved in setting up a number of big machine shops. They had extra large machine tools, weighing far more than can be easily moved. They always called in this guy who specialized in delivery and installation of these heavy tools.
He weighed about 140 lbs soaking wet. He just had a unique ability to use levers and pipes to unload these things off a truck and get them to their designated location. And he never accepted help. He did it all alone. When he installed these big machines, everyone stopped working and observed. It was a show. There was often applause when he was done. Talk about a guy who found his niche in life.
"Lee Michaels" wrote

Yep ... I posted about this phenomenon once before:
"A few years ago I had a piano picked up after a flood by a restorer and his smallish 16 year old daughter (a sad story in itself as I found out later, as her mother had died when she was three and it had been her dad and her against the world ever since).
In any event, these two moved that piano down four steps, out to the curb and loaded it into the back of a pickup with a camper on it, by themselves, without breaking a sweat, and in less time than it takes to tell ... it was one of the most magnificent displays of choreographed physics I've ever witnessed. Archimedes would have been proud."
I still think of those two every time I go to move shop tools around ... most recently when moving all the big iron from flooded shop, to storage, and back to temporary shop again.
My solution to the age old problem:
Leon, and a Tommy Lift tail gate! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I found a link for this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JnkWPwjlS4

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:30:17 -0800 (PST), KIMOSABE cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

I've seen that - it's on you-tube. Quite a demonstration of the operator's skill.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net