OT Thickness gage leaf size

I picked up a Starrett 467 thickness gage at the flea market last weekend. I finally got all the leaves unstuck, not rust, just very old oil. It matches the decription for the 13 leaf model shown here http://www.ipsindustrial.com/catalog/pages/K0711.pdf Why would it have a .0015 leaf instead of .001? I can see how to make sizes up to .019 and will assume the others but without .001 I can't check that size. Is is just too thin to include, I notice none of the others go to .001 either? Joe
Check to ake sure it isn't stuck to a thicker blade.(It's done that way to prevent bending.)
Bowhunter
that's how I found the 4 smallest blades. Guess I'll have to get a dial caliper and check all the blades. Rats, forced to buy another tool:-) Joe
bowhunter wrote:

Use a mic if you want to check dims like .001. A vernier doesn't do a very good job, unless you keep any slop out of the jaws. Even though a caliper is quicker, a mic will definitely tell you if a piece is .001 or .0015. Mark L.
Joe Gorman wrote:

0.0015 is typically the thinest blade in a feeler blade set. It's pretty thin and very easy to break off; I've always assumed 0.001 would be to weak.
Ian