OT: the wife's surgery

Page 3 of 4
That's the one! You've seen his works huh? ;-)

cheap!!!
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:01:50 -0500, Silvan

not of you're dumping it at the cleaners.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Silvan wrote:

I think that, while some of you folks mean well, you have needlessly complicated the process of doing laundry. Just follow the simple steps: 1. Put dirty stuff in pile. 2. Open door to washer. 3. Put pile in washer. 4. Dump in some soap (usually found near the washer and probably comes in a large box). 5. Rummage near where you found soap for other stuff like "softener", "bleach", and the like. 6. Put a bit of each into washer. 7. Start washer (usually done with a dial on the front; set to beginning of next "cycle" and pull center know out (or in, I forget)). 8. Have celebratory beer. 9. When washer gets quiet, open door, take out laundry. 10. If white stuff is now colored, start again at step 2 with more "bleach" and less soap. Repeat until all laundry is white.
Tune in next week for the episode entitled "dryer instructions" when we'll hear SWMBO say "Yer a dumbshit! You followed instructions given by some asshole with a number in his name!!?"
    sigh,     jo4hn

This is a keeper. My mom actually taught me how to do laundry, but I've since discovered that you can wash everything together on warm wash, cold rinse, normal cycle if you don't own any really good stuff. One time when I was in the laundry room at the dorm at college I watched a guy come in and start packing clothes into the washer. When no more would fit he actually got on top and stomped the last bit in. He added soap and quarters and left. When he returned he pulled all the clothes out (some were still dry in spots) and stuffed them in the dryer. Added quarters again and split. When the dryer had stopped he removed all and headed back to his room, totally happy. I did wonder what he was majoring in.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
jo4hn wrote:

ROTFL!!!

They dryer I have figured out. Put everything in. Turn the knob. Push the button. When it beeps, push the button again. Repeat four times, then pull the clothes out and put them back in the hamper and dump them in a pile on the bed.
Then sleep in the floor. Those dog beds are kinda cozy.
Can anybody tell me how to fold clothes? :)
Can't tell you how to fold clothes, I just about follow your practice to tee. Have a look at this and if you can master it, I reckon you have it made :) . http://www.wimp.com/787 / John
Silvan wrote:

I've always wondered how they do that. Not that I'll be able to duplicate it, but that was quite interesting.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:30:58 -0500, Silvan

Clean clothes get piled on the dining room table. You eat standing up in the kitchen. I don't fold clothes, if it has to be on a hanger I will occasionally get them there, everything else sort of gets the dump and cram approach to filling the dresser.
I'll wash and dry them (even did it when "laundry" consisted of 47 loads of diapers and one load of "people clothes"), sometimes I'll hang some things up, but the whole folding and putting away thing is just too much work for me. I do dishes the same way, I'll load the dishwasher and wash the pots and pans by hand, but someone else is going to put them away.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass wrote:

Yup. Same thing with groceries. I got out and put every bag on my arms, and carry the entire trunkload of goodies, both jugs of milk and the jug of kitty litter all in one trip, then I dump it on the floor and go get on the computer. :)
Or I used to. :( Sigh.
At least I haven't started watching soap operas yet. Actually, since I've been Mr. Mom, the kids haven't watched TV either. I haven't turned the damn thing on all week.
Well.... No, that's not strictly true. My daughter got a Barbie "cam corder" for Christmas. It's a wireless closed circuit TV camera. I've turned the TV on so we could play with that.
Haven't watched any of that mind rotting gibberish with the moving pictures though.
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:17:05 -0800, Tim Douglass

I look forward to doing laundry, Tim..
it's how I heat my shop, with an indoor dryer vent... the wife cracked up when she walked into the garage... i mean shop... one night and I'd run out and hangers and was using rare earth magnets on the water pipe..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:14:44 -0500, Silvan
... snip

Nor should you. Pretending things are all rosy when they are not does not help anyone. Doing your best and keeping a positive attitude however, is a good thing and not only helps yourself, it helps those around you help you (if you know what I mean in that rather awkward sentence).

No, you are not whining, you are going through a tough time.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

He
side.
You are all in our prayers Mike.
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

... and prayers for the professionals doing that job aren't a bad idea either.
We'll keep you and your wife in ours.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hang in there. That's always been hard for me too, but I've gotten good at it (wish I hadn't had the opportunity).
Once you know she's fine, *then* you can collapse with the shakes for a few hours.
I'll echo what Patriarch sez. Go sit with her.

So did I after all my surgeries. Got the pictures to prove it.

Hell - that's hospitals, to me anyway.
Will say a prayer for her on this end. Dunno' what kind'a standing I'm in with Him these days but it can't hurt to ask.
blessings.
Silvan, I'm adding your wife to my prayers list. As Lew said, " this too shall pass". Tom

Our thoughts are with your wife, you and everyone else. Surgery/anesthesia makes you feel like shit, and gallbladder trouble ranks up ther very highly. Just hang in there and believe in the good outcome that is at hand!
Best wishes from your "family" in Fair Lawn, NJ!
--
Best regards
Han

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:03:43 -0500, Silvan

Silvan... not being religious, the best I can do is hope that she'll come through this ok and tell you that positive thinking and attitude for both of you can make a huge difference..
That being said, I'd suggest that if you have ANY doubts about the surgery or care, get a 2nd opinion, quick!
My friend almost lost his daughter this year from a surgical mess on a weight loss procedure.... the MD that was brought in for a 2nd opinion saved her life by seeing a surgical mistake that the surgical team had missed, that would of killed her from bowel leakage into the body cavity or whatever.. IMHO, a 2nd opinion will either find a problem, so that you can deal with it, or find that everything possible IS being done, and enable you to be positive about her recovery and the staff...
Hang in there, guy... and try to be as positive as possible, especially around the kids...