OT: The Stick now in the National Toy Hall of Fame

Page 1 of 2
Just heard that the stick was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame! Exciting stuff!
Now it seems that something called "the cardboard box" was inducted some years ago. Anybody have plans for one of these? Measured drawrings? A writeup? A picture? Anything? Dang! I betcha my grandkids would love one of these things.
    hopefully waiting,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

;-)
And yes I did call you Shirley.
--
Froz...

FrozenNorth wrote:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/PointyStick/PS1TableOfContent.html

Oh no. Not again...
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Actually, in real life I remember several instances of my children who were very, very young enjoying their Christmas toys in this manner. They would empty the contents of the cardboard box which might contain a toy truck, climb into the box and have fun with the box for an hour or more. I appreciate the hours watching my children with their cardboard boxes, having fun, imagining they were driving cars or rocket ships. Those cardboard boxes deserve to be in a Hall of Fame.

Two heating pads, one sheepskin cat bed, one lovingly hand-built carpeted cat tree.... Where does my cat sleep? On top of an old, dirty, cardboard box that's bursting at the seams.

The missus made a very comfortable and pretty cat bed and put it under the end table for her. She used it about three times and immediately lost interest.
Her current bed is a corner of a storage rack, on a cardboard box, in a closet in my office. It is dark and does not have any humans close by.

Cats know how much you've paid for a toy/bed/whatever, and usually follow an inverse relationship between price and their ranking of it. The more you paid, the less they like it. ;-)
Puckdropper

Upscale wrote:

That's why I always got a kick out of people buying cat toys for actual money.
Mine love the paper bag after the groceries are removed, an ice cube in the water bowl, or the curled section of an old bass string. And I can reuse the bag when the cats are done!
Toilet paper tubes are blast, too!
"B A R R Y" wrote

... or your underwear, when it's around your ankles and they open the bathroom door and saunter in to see what the hell it is you're up to.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

In the quarter bath I get the paw under the door going for bare feet. Jeez, that can be messy!
Swingman wrote:

One of my younger cats is nicknamed "Pants Lion"...
You'll get it, I don't know how many others will! <G>
He'd curl up in my underwear and look up at me!
B A R R Y wrote:

Whenever anybody mentions cat toys I think of this table: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39383723@N00/544439052/in/set-72157600350078202 /.
--John

One of ours has recently taken to rubber bands. He's built quite a collection and at least now we know where to find one.

My cat has always liked rubber bands. She keeps finding them even though I grab what she's got and lock them up in the pencil drawer. I don't know where she gets them from, yet more always appear.
wrote in message

Perhaps she's a smart cat and has made a trap door in your pencil drawer. Ever see her out in your shop eyeing your saws? :-)
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

I have one that fancies herself the great hunter, brings in worms all the time.

They're big things, fun for both kids and adults. They measure about 40"x40"x72", and are available at your local appliance store.
Puckdropper

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Surprisingly, they're not. Seems that appliances come in bubble wrap these days. Paperback carrels, though, do still come in cardboard boxes that big.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."