OT: The Festool of breadmakers

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- Pema Chodron

It is decorative, Jako. Pull it off! The good stuff is INSIDE the bread already.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:48:31 -0700, "Lobby Dosser" wrote the following:

Out of olive?

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It is decorative, Jako. Pull it off! The good stuff is INSIDE the bread already.

------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't need no steenkin' parsley!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 17:31:15 -0700, "Lobby Dosser" wrote the following:

If it's on the bread, it's considered edible. But not by me. Puree that forest first, please.

Twue. Haute ain't hot.

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bite your tongue!

Robatoy

Bite your tongue!

on the celery too.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:23:15 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy wrote the following:

BTW, _THIS_ is parsley:

Tres piquant!

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I picked up an earlier model Zojirushi at a US Postal auction about fifteen years ago. It was a pig in a poke as you couldn't plug it in to see if it worked, and, well, after I got it home $90 later, it didn't. Damn. I opened it up, looked for the big ON/OFF switch, couldn't find it, and closed it back up. Miraculously, that did the trick, and it worked. It's been humming along fine ever since.

There's nothing quite like waking up in the morning and having the smell of coffee and fresh bread tickling the nose. Here's a nice one:

some more

RicodJour

ttp://

Great link, thank you kind sir.

Too hot to bake today. 93=B0F (Feels like 102=B0F due to 70% Humidity) Yup..Canada.

Reply to
Robatoy

The problem is yuppie bread makers. You need a real bread maker:

you just need someone that knows how to make the stuff:

Jack Stein

do it when we're not home. I'm sure that works well for the Army, though.

Reply to
keithw86

:

> and some more
>> Great link, thank you kind sir.

Think nothing of it, my good man.

97F here and it's on its way up. I hate it when I have to stop making fun of my brother for moving to Phoenix. R
Reply to
RicodJour

ne:

> > and some more
> > Great link, thank you kind sir.

Yup, another hot one today. But I want bread, so outside it goes. Got to love modern automation. Heck, I can even buy flour in the store, I don't have to bring in the sheaves.... just the bacon.

Reply to
Robatoy

difference:

one:

> > and some more

I was razzing my son in Vermont about the heat there. It's been beautiful here in Alabama. ;-)

Reply to
krw

one:

>> > and some more
> >> Great link, thank you kind sir.

Into everybody's eyes a little sweat must fall...and I hope you're soaking wet with sweat next week! ;)

RicodJour

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:41:56 -0400, Jack Stein wrote the following:

Got my address?

Here's a pretty girl:

For elitists, Wusthof:

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

difference:

one:

Without a doubt. Then I'll hear it from him. ...until October. ;-)

Reply to
krw

It's a real live Hobart A200, 120v dunno hp but the sucker is strong as hell, heavy as hell also... The last time I moved that sucker I was a little younger and stronger. It is where it is now...

Not sourdough, but my wifes own recipe of a mix between her super duper standard homemade regular bread and her super duper Italian bread. I call it the best Italian bread ever made by any human. It is scary good...

My wife tells me all the time that is not a bread knife? It has some corrugated/serrated thing-ees on the end so I tell her it is a bread knife. I like it because the wide blade makes it easy to cut straight slices. We fight any time the bread is cut less than perfect... You run out of big things to fight about after knowing someone 56 years...

Yeah, thats the style my wife uses. I use it sometimes when she isn't looking:-)

I'm way too down to earth (cheap) to buy something like that, That's like the festool of bread knives:-)

Reply to
Jack Stein

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:53:24 -0400, Jack Stein wrote the following:

Is it at least VERY yeasty? That makes for an excellent bread.

My motto is NEVER FESTER!

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah, that's a 'toy' model in the Hobart line. it's a counter-top unit. (Per the spec sheet it is a 1/2 hp motor.)

The 'serious' Hobarts are _floor_ standing units, e.g. the HL1400. 140qt bowl. 5'8" tall, 4' deep, 2-1/2' wide. Motor is 5hp, 3 phase, 240v or 480v. Weighs in at 1,385 lbs. *empty*. It'll mash 100 lbs of potatoes in a single batch. Or mix enough bread dough for around 250 one-pound loaves.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi