Page 2 of 3

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/focaccia-bread.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Why the jug of motor oil?

That's yak urine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So, yet another source of Oil!!
wrote the following:

Out of olive?
-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Hayseuss Crisco. You fuel!
Next time, break out the mortar and pestle and grind your rosemary so you don't have Lip & Gum Needle-Puncture Syndrome after eating the bloody bread, eh? (Or mix it with the liquid in a blender before inserting into the recipe.)
-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

It is decorative, Jako. Pull it off! The good stuff is INSIDE the bread already.
wrote the following:

It is decorative, Jako. Pull it off! The good stuff is INSIDE the bread already.
------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't need no steenkin' parsley!
wrote the following:

If it's on the bread, it's considered edible. But not by me. Puree that forest first, please.

Twue. Haute ain't hot.
-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Bite your tongue! http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=100
wrote the following:

Bite your tongue! http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid 0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pass on the celery too.
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:23:15 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Firefox gave me a DONE at the bottom of a blank page at that URL, Toy. <shrug>
BTW, _THIS_ is parsley: http://fwd4.me/Vjl Tres piquant!
-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:46:26 -0700 (PDT), Luigi Zanasi

I didn't think so. Of course, I was eating my Anytime Gourmet Rosemary Chicken at the time I read that, so...
-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

LMAO.... I grow our rosemary, parsley, etc. that we use and it is always ready to go.
Try this in your new Cadillac machine. It is a classic white Italian, made to be sliced, brushed with your favorite infused oil, and toasted under the broiler. I have literally made this a few hundred times as it wound up being a favorite for us, but for family when we have everyone over around the holidays.
It is an easy, basic, peasant style bread.
Out of the pan it has a great crumb, and real bread flour and gluten make it have a slightly nutty taste. Out of the oven for 30 minutes, Kathy and I have eaten 1/2 a loaf with butter.
water - 1 1/8 to 1/1/4 cups olive oil - 1 1/2 tablespoons salt (a must) - 1 teaspoon bread flour - 3 cups wheat gluten - 3 tablespoons active (instant breadmaker type) yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoons
The wheat gluten (or vital wheat gluten) makes the bread have an excellent texture and great crust. Bake it on the french bread cycle as it will need to warm a bit on the rising cycle to get the benefit of the added gluten. You will get a 1 1/2 pound loaf. This dough also makes great soft breadsticks.
I have made rolls from this dough as well. I work rosemary in the top of the rolls before baking, and some parmesan. Sometimes just parmesan. Most of it flashes off, but it looks great on the roll tops.
May I humbly suggest the vaunted bible of the bread machine, "More Bread Machine Magic" by Rehberg and Conway. I bought several books at the used book store, but as suggested to me on a now defunct baking forum, this IS the one to have.
Congrats on the Zo. They don't come better than that one. The reason I didn't get one when I was hunting was that the Zo machines were $399, and the Breadman machine I got was rated as high for most uses (versatility and hard doughs go to the Zo) and it as $149 as a promo on Amazon. I admit, still a bit of lust in my heart for a double paddle machine....
Robert

I am assuming you rasp (on course of course) your own Parm. That gives a wonderful look to a bun. My 'cheese pusher' owns a wonderful deli and is a down-to-core Italian. He's explained all the different parmeseans to me. I often mix romanos with parms for 'dial-in' saltiness. (Too bad his team didn't make in the World Cup...NOT..<WEG>)
The dual paddle pulls the dough and compresses it like a hand kneading. The texture is so much better with the Zo, even if you compare the same recipes.
I will try your french.... the recipe looks really familiar.
Hint: Don't try to measure out ingredients between phone-calls (damned cell-phones) as a double dose of sugar (cane) and yeast makes for a very sticky mess. (The loaf pushed the door open trying to leave)

I picked up an earlier model Zojirushi at a US Postal auction about fifteen years ago. It was a pig in a poke as you couldn't plug it in to see if it worked, and, well, after I got it home $90 later, it didn't. Damn. I opened it up, looked for the big ON/OFF switch, couldn't find it, and closed it back up. Miraculously, that did the trick, and it worked. It's been humming along fine ever since.
There's nothing quite like waking up in the morning and having the smell of coffee and fresh bread tickling the nose. Here's a nice one: http://www.bigoven.com/84075-Fennel-Pepperoni-Bread-for-the-Zojirushi-recipe.html and some more http://www.bigoven.com/recipes/any/Zojirushi

Great link, thank you kind sir.
Too hot to bake today. 93F (Feels like 102F due to 70% Humidity) Yup..Canada.

Think nothing of it, my good man.

97F here and it's on its way up. I hate it when I have to stop making fun of my brother for moving to Phoenix.

Yup, another hot one today. But I want bread, so outside it goes. Got to love modern automation. Heck, I can even buy flour in the store, I don't have to bring in the sheaves.... just the bacon.

I was razzing my son in Vermont about the heat there. It's been beautiful here in Alabama. ;-)

Into everybody's eyes a little sweat must fall...and I hope you're soaking wet with sweat next week! ;)