OT - The BAD saga continues...

History repeats itself! Looks like BAD has been trolling in rec.photo.digital too. Check out the following post he made today in an effort to smear a rec.photo.digital regular like he *attempted* to do to Charlie in here.

Subject: NOT off-topic. The definition of insanity is...

From: Bay Area Dave Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital Message-ID:

repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.

Which leads us to the issue of why do so many otherwise intelligent folks persistently waste their time arguing with George Preddy over the drawbacks of the Foveon sensor. His posts never make sense. Why, or why do you all keep at it? Arguing with a twit like that makes you look foolish due to the uselessness and absurdity. I prefer to debate an intelligent, rational person. I've mentioned to George a couple of times that he seek help for his OCD, but it looks like he hasn't taken my suggestion to heart. Meanwhile, you all are feeding his obsession...

dave

Looks like it's time for me to do a *global plonk* on BAD.

;-)

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Woodchuck Bill notes:

As much as I absolutely hate to say it, Bill, he's at least partly right. Preddy is in my KF because he is completey out-of-focus on the Foveon, presents blather as fact, and has probably done more harm to Sigma marketing than any single person in any other place.

That said, I don't see why Dave goes after him, since rec.photo.digital has many members completing capable of containing his goofiness.

Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

smear a regular?? HA! We are talking about George Preddy you clueless nitwit. The only thing "regular" about George is his obsession with Sigma and Foveon. I haven't had any complaints over there, you MORON!

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Sure, Charlie. Sigma is not Canon or Nikon, but there are always going to be brand loyalists in support of an underdog. Same with power tools. At least you killfile the guy and move on if he annoys you. You don't go around starting new flame-provoking threads about him. Why didn't post an "intelligent, rational" (Dave's words) message with facts to backup his views that Sigma/Foveon is inferior. There is PLENTY of evidence to support that! But low and behold, Homer starts another flame war instead.

I reckon I'm just a little ticked off at Dave for going after you like he did. I represent the part time wrecker. I check in here several times per week, and it seems that Dave is always in the center of something stupid. I may not have posted 1 tenth as much as he has in my four years here, but at least I don't clog up Usenet with a bunch of crap like he does.

This part really ticked me off:

B.A.D. wrote:

Sounds like the average opinion of BAD in here. ;-) (useless, absurd twit, not 'rational person')

Funny how Dave th> That said, I don't see why Dave goes after him, since

Hang in there Charlie. I just wanted to show some support from the less vocal end of the ng. I represent the part time wrecker. I check in here several times per week, and it always seems that Dave is in the center of something stupid. I may not have posted one tenth as much as he has in my four years here, but at least I don't clog up Usenet with a bunch of crap like he does. I've learned a lot from the fellows here like you, Barry, Dave Balderstone, Lew, Robert B, Larry J, and the rest of the gang (sorry I couldn't name everyone, but you know...) and it sickens me that there is always someone trying to screw up a good thing.

Sorry bout the rant.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Take it to rec.photo.digital...jeez. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

you don't consider yourself part of the problem you rail about?? how stupid of you.

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

snip WB's rant

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I think you will find Lee Valley has an excellent selection of hardware:

people can also give some excellent recommendations of where to find hardware, I am sure.

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead