OT. The A Team film

With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet again, I watched th A Team film. Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx. About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven flying boat. This didn't look like sfx to me. If it is real, does anyone know what and where it is? My guess would be Canada. Film was made 2010 so not that ancient. Thanks. Nick. From very soggy part of England.
Add pictures here
✖

I haven't seen the movie and I doubt it would be one of these, but here's a really interesting one:
http://www.martinmars.com/
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
✖
Nick wrote:

had a flying boat reputed to be made of plywood. (Japan does not have a navy, instead they have the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, the JMSDF)
http://www.ask.com/youtube?q=jmsdf+flying+boat&v ªhG5Y_ErdE&qsrcG2
--
 GW Ross

 I wouldn't touch the Metric System
✖
"Nick" wrote in message About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven flying boat.
Did it resemble any of the pictures in this Wikipedia article?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekranoplan
Tom
Add pictures here
✖

Martin JRM-1 flying boat.
http://taylorempireairways.com/2010/01/i-suppose-im-obligated-to-see-the-film-now/
Add pictures here
✖
Nick wrote:

I skimmed through the movie on you tube. I didn't see a flying boat. Around the middle of the film I saw them taking off in a C-130 Hercules cargo plane from an airfield. Subsequently, the C-130 was shot down by missiles fired by a Drone. Is that to which you are referring? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-130_Hercules
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY