OT. The A Team film

With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet again, I watched th A Team film. Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx. About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven flying boat. This didn't look like sfx to me. If it is real, does anyone know what and where it is? My guess would be Canada. Film was made 2010 so not that ancient. Thanks. Nick. From very soggy part of England.

Reply to
Nick

I haven't seen the movie and I doubt it would be one of these, but here's a really interesting one:

Larry W

Never saw the film. When I was in Japan in the early 80's the JMSDF had a flying boat reputed to be made of plywood. (Japan does not have a navy, instead they have the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, the JMSDF)

G. Ross

Did it resemble any of the pictures in this Wikipedia article?

Tom

Reply to
Tdacon

Martin JRM-1 flying boat.

Scott Lurndal

I skimmed through the movie on you tube. I didn't see a flying boat. Around the middle of the film I saw them taking off in a C-130 Hercules cargo plane from an airfield. Subsequently, the C-130 was shot down by missiles fired by a Drone. Is that to which you are referring?

willshak