OT: Thanks from a vet to other vets

On this Memorial Day, I want to thank all who have served in the US Armed Forces.

MJ

U.S. Army 1967 - 1971.

Reply to
mjmwallace

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news:c56f891a-14aa- snipped-for-privacy@v29g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Having grown up in the city where the Germans in Holland surrendered at the end of WWII, I always remember those who helped accomplish this, and those who continue the efforts for freedom.

I remember parades in Wageningen, the town I grew up in, with US, Canadian and many other nationalities participating in memory of the Allied liberation of Holland. Here are some 1955 pictures:

Han

Thank You. And my thanks for *your* service.

Max

U. S. Army, 1940 - 1953

1st Armored Cavalry Div., Korea, '50 - '51.
Reply to
Max

Thanks to all who have served and are serving. Chuck USAF 1955-1963

3rd AF
Reply to
Chuck

From me as well - and I thank also those allies who've shared our danger.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Ditto ...

In honor of those, and their familes, who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to the country ... AND, those of us who made it back owe it to them to make damn sure that it wasn't in vain!

Reply to
Swingman

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician, Who has given us the right to vote.

Reply to
ChairMan

YES Thank you!!!! To All that served!!! Thanks

Reply to
Evodawg

My thanks also.

Reply to
Nova

And mine...

Reply to
Robatoy

Sad, but true. As a young VNE vet, I was discharged totally against the war and swearing total peacenik'ness forever. There can be no wars if no one VOLUNTEERS their body to the fight. Silly me.

Forty years later, I understand the reality of the insanity. The World ....and the human race.... just aren't gonna lay down their weapons and kiss and hug like a buncha dope addled hippies. To stand idly by while the villains run roughshod is to invite annihilation. Yes, I still disagree with most wars, but I'm armed and will fight for my family and have the utmost respect and admiration for those out there who have and currently do watch out for us. Better to be the heavy than the victim.

USA armed forces and veterans everywhere, I salute you! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Amen!

USN '55 - '60 USNR Seabees '63 - '74

Norm

Reply to
Nahmie

I disagree with the wars except the one I enlisted in. WWll Navy and seabees. That one was needed. So sad to see the loss of life in wars after that. WW

Reply to
WW