OT: Thanks from a vet to other vets

On this Memorial Day, I want to thank all who have served in the US Armed Forces.
MJ
U.S. Army 1967 - 1971.

Having grown up in the city where the Germans in Holland surrendered at the end of WWII, I always remember those who helped accomplish this, and those who continue the efforts for freedom.
I remember parades in Wageningen, the town I grew up in, with US, Canadian and many other nationalities participating in memory of the Allied liberation of Holland. Here are some 1955 pictures: http://www.4en5meiwageningen.nl/Historie/1955
--
Best regards
Han

Thank You. And my thanks for *your* service.
Max
U. S. Army, 1940 - 1953 1st Armored Cavalry Div., Korea, '50 - '51.
Max wrote:

Thanks to all who have served and are serving. Chuck USAF 1955-1963 3rd AF

From me as well - and I thank also those allies who've shared our danger.
--
Morris Dovey
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Wings.jpg
Morris Dovey wrote:

My thanks also.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

And mine...

Ditto ...
In honor of those, and their familes, who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to the country ... AND, those of us who made it back owe it to them to make damn sure that it wasn't in vain!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
In wrote:

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, Who has given us the right to vote.

Sad, but true. As a young VNE vet, I was discharged totally against the war and swearing total peacenik'ness forever. There can be no wars if no one VOLUNTEERS their body to the fight. Silly me.
Forty years later, I understand the reality of the insanity. The World ....and the human race.... just aren't gonna lay down their weapons and kiss and hug like a buncha dope addled hippies. To stand idly by while the villains run roughshod is to invite annihilation. Yes, I still disagree with most wars, but I'm armed and will fight for my family and have the utmost respect and admiration for those out there who have and currently do watch out for us. Better to be the heavy than the victim.
USA armed forces and veterans everywhere, I salute you! ;)
nb
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

YES Thank you!!!! To All that served!!! Thanks
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

Amen!
USN '55 - '60 USNR Seabees '63 - '74
Norm

I disagree with the wars except the one I enlisted in. WWll Navy and seabees. That one was needed. So sad to see the loss of life in wars after that. WW