OT Temperature

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:08:30 -0400, Keith Nuttle

You know it's getting really bad when you get a warning that there's going to be a warning.

Reply to
none

But there are no "creeks" in WA - at least none I've heard of. Of course, being an old Kentuckian, quite a few of the "rivers" in WA should be reclassified as "creeks".

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

On 7/2/2013 9:19 AM, Leon wrote: ...

Intended to comment--it's getting the dewpoint down that's the key; lows basically will be a few degrees higher than the dewpoint--it's that dewpoints stay so high along the coast and other areas in the east/south that prevents the cooling of at night...we think if dewpoints get to the

50s it's oppressively humid.... :)

Also, it's not terribly surprising for Goodland; it's in NW and fairly high (pushing 4000 if not; don't recall exact elevation otomh--well, did go look; isn't quite as high as was thinking--about 3700', roughly 900' higher than we are). Hill City is about 80-90 mi east of Goodland but despite being in the northern part of state (N of I-70), they're often as hot or hotter than we are in the SW corner...Thursday when we were the 108 or so they were 109F. Despite the name, they're actually ~700' lower than we are. Their records are all in 110-115F range for this time in July whereas ours tend to be more in the 104-110F range...

Reply to
dpb

The worst I ever experienced was living in southeastern South Dakota. I was about 12 or 13 and got some work cleaning up somebody's garden area. The temperature was 105 dF with 95% humidity. Damn near died of heat prostitution. Here is Carlsbad, it's 72 dF/45% and overcast with a nice breeze. Ayup. In my old age I have succumbed to wimpiness. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

That is a hot hooker. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Doesn't a heat-wave have to be at least four consecutive days of high temperatures?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Three days

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I should clarify. Three days of 90+

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We call that a slight warming trend during winter. :-)

Reply to
Leon

That could be true, the whole previous 10-12 days had been hot with Saturday being the hottest and highest. Sunday and since has been pleasant. At my location as soon as the sun goes down it is very pleasant even in the hot days of summer, that was not true last week.

Reply to
Leon

That depends on where you are. Three days of 100- is a cold snap in Phx this time of year. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Here in the Snoqualmie Valley there are lots of Creeks that feed the Snoqualmie River. On the East side it might be a lot more subjective depending on the time of year.

Reply to
Mike M