OT: Tell me YOU don't do this with your Xmas tree!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051111/tc_usatoday/faketreesturnchristmasonitshead
Dave
David wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051111/tc_usatoday/faketreesturnchristmasonitshead
Hmm, would that be how one displays a tree for Satan Claus?
--

FF

On 11 Nov 2005 11:02:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

According to:
http://www.inglewoodcarecentre.com/history/christmastree.htm
" Back in the 7th century a monk from Crediton, Devonshire, traveled to Germany to spread the Word of God. Legend has it that he used the triangular shape of the Fir Tree to describe the Holy Trinity of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit to the German people. The German people started to revere the Fir Tree as "God's Tree". In the next 5 centuries, the tree became a symbol of Christianity, and was being hung upside-down from the ceiling as a sign of Christianity."
Who woulda known?
That's a "root challenged winter holiday botanical arrangement" to you, Bubba ... we don't want to offend no PC tree hugger sensibilities hereabouts.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051111/tc_usatoday/faketreesturnchristmasonitshead
Deborah Kelly said:

Well Deborah,
You know what Phineas Taylor Barnam said...
Greg G.
Greg G. said:

Actually, that should have read...
You know what Phineas Taylor Barnam was reputed to have said...
Actually, a banker named David Hannum made the now (in)famous quip.
My bad...
Greg G.
actully no I don't....lol
Deborah

Deborah Kelly said:

Well, now... The infamous quote is:
There's a sucker born every minute...

Greg G.
oh that one.... Just didn't know who was the first one to say it....lol Thats not tatooed on my forehead is it? its been a little while since I looked into the mirror........
Deborah