OT: Sunday morning phone call.

Page 2 of 2
On 4/25/2010 1:34 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I'm glad she's ok. By this time next week you and Angela should be ok too...

Of course not - they had to pay extra to suppress the Caller ID y'know. :-/
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 4/25/2010 1:34 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Parent's worst night mare ... sorry you had to go through it, and praying that everything is fine.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Fortunatly not a problem you get when you have health care provided by the state, as in the UK.
However, I do understand your feelings. I very well recall the phone call at work a few years ago saying one of my daughters had been hit by a car on her way to school. Fortunatly she was OK, some bruising and skin scrapes, and more worried about damage to her new calculator which some-how she fell on. The car driver, a fellow pupil, was mortified and in shock poor lad. For me, the half hour drive to the hospital was hell.
Snip

I guess those people and insurance people become jaded. Glad to hear it was nothing serious.
Robatoy wrote:

things. Sunday morning - they probably have the least senior people working. Bad thing is that this is a popular way of phishing for info. I think I would have asked for a location, name, and phone number first, then called the hospital (only after verifying the phone number was legitimate).

Angela did the verification thing by asking a lot of questions right off the bat about what they did have for info. But you absolutely right, one can't be too careful.
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:34:25 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

Glad to hear it wasn't more serious. I'd be tempted to give a few people in that hospital a concussion, starting with the registration clerk.

years as an RN. Many young kids on that floor who had diving accidents, The Human Pyramid stupidities and other wasted lives due to sports and careless injuries. To her 'Head & Neck Injuries' means something totally different than to most of us. She was a frickin' mess till the kid got home and that is saying something as she is one tough customer. But still there has to be some directive of how you say what you say in that job. I do, however, still feel like smacking a few heads together.

Thinking about it, when my daughter was injured (a similar age to your daughter at the time), it was close to the school gates and word spread like wildfire. Apart from a guy who rushed out from his house to assist, who then accompanied her in the ambulance. (I suspect it was they who called for the ambulance), the deputy-head followed the ambulance to the hospital in his car. It was he, or the school (I'm not sure because my wife was contacted first) who contacted us not the hospital. He stayed there with her till my wife arrived.
Shouldn't the coach or some other team official have contacted you before your daughter even reached the hospital?
Shouldn't they have been there "holding her hand"?