OT: Stupid is - as stupid does

Ok, I'm over it - almost.
Last weekend while setting up a rack I knocked over one of my all-time favourite tools - a Starrett machinists level (thanks Keeter).
I saw it begin to slide and had a drill in one hand and a hold on the ladder with the other. Instinctively I grabbed at it with my drill hand and poked a hole in my arm with the bit in the drill.
Then, I shoved out my knee - on which it managed to land edge first on my kneecap - and bounce off.
Finally, I stuck out my foot and (yep, you guessed it) again, it landed end first on the bony top of the foot just above the nicely padded top of the tongue.
It landed with a sickening crunch on the corner of the level, on a square of concrete between all the carpeted mats. The delicate vial didn't stand a chance, it shattered in pieces and the alchohol spilled out everywhere.
Of course the missus heard the not so subtle language and ran out to see what happened. I told her and, sniffing the alchohol, she told me it was my fault for drinking whilst up a ladder.
With that, my day was complete, I went inside to stop the bleeding and tend to the cuts.
Curse you Murphy! I loved that level.
Take two. At lunch today I pulled a chair over to our table for a friend and severely strained a muscle in my lower back.
These things happen in threes right? (Sigh)
Get it over with already.....
Groggy wrote:

Do you believe in Voodoo?
(I'll put the doll away now...)
Dave
Groggy said:

...<snip of agonizing story of personal loss and injury>

The preceding post _might_ count.

Dude, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that story. If I laugh, I feel guilty, but ole Murphy's got a hold on us all.
And I'm sure you know this, but you can replace the vials... Or you usetacould.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't feel stupid about _something_.
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote in message

Two glued up 2 x 12"'s made up slightly oversize so they could be cut to fit, no more material, supposed to be identical, one cut, correctly, to 26 1/2", the other somehow gets cut to ................ 25 1/2!!
Who said glue won't work on end grain?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05

<...snipped..>
I believe they happen in threes until you reach the age of 50 or so, then they start happening in fours or fives.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland