OT:Stock Market Tip!

Just got this off another NG
. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today. . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today. . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today. . But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received $214.00.

It's the 401-KEG plan.
Micky wrote:

every pack. These could be saved up and redeemed for merchandise. The talk was that for 100,000 coupons, one could get a free iron lung.     :-/,     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote:

Was a time when I saved those coupons, but that was then and this is now.
Lew

I just bought a whole shitload of Ford @ $ 1.99. We'll see what happens. <G> They sure have some interesting products, here and abroad.
: Just got this off another NG
: . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year : ago, you would have $49.00 today. : . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you : would have $33.00 today. : . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year : ago, you would have $0.00 today. : . But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank : all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, : you will have received $214.00.
Nope, it'd be between $40 and $65 for the aluminum.
    -- Andy Barss

Really? I'm surprised. If you are talking Anheuser-Busch or Miller products, I'd expect the container to be worth considerably more than the contents.
Elrond Hubbard wrote:

"Cost" != "worth"
--John
snipped-for-privacy@basil.u.arizona.edu says...

At $.05 to $.10 per can? (of course the above forgets the deposit, often more $$, is paid up-front on top of the beer rental).
--
Keith

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:36:43 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

the cans. Anybody get 21 cents a can?