OT: Spell properly

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:56:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Sure, I haven't been here more than 20 years. ;-)

Skitt's law?

;-)
On 7/23/2011 11:01 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I wanted both to sound vulgar.
Eye halve a spelling chequer It came with my pea sea It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word And weight four it two say Weather eye am wrong oar write It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid It nose bee fore two long And eye can put the error rite Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it I am shore your pleased two no Its letter perfect awl the weigh My chequer tolled me sew.
{{ <sneck> the butchered, abbreviated, and *UNCREDITED* version }}
Here is the proper -original-, in all it's glory, with author attribution:
"Owed to a Spell Chequer"
I have a spelling checker It came with my pea sea It plane lee marks four my revue Miss steaks aye can knot sea. Eye ran this poem threw it, Your sure reel glad two no. Its vary polished in it's weigh My checker tolled me sew. A checker is a bless sing, It freeze yew lodes of thyme. It helps me right awl stiles two reed, And aides me when aye rime. Each frays come posed up on my screen Eye trussed too bee a joule The checker pour o'er every word To cheque sum spelling rule. Be fore a veiling checkers Hour spelling mite decline, And if were lacks or have a laps, We wood be maid to wine. Butt now bee cause my spelling Is checked with such grate flare, Their are know faults with in my cite, Of non eye am a wear. Now spelling does knot phase me, It does knot bring a tier. My pay purrs awl due glad den With wrapped words fare as hear. To rite with care is quite a feet Of witch won should be proud. And wee mussed dew the best wee can, Sew flaws are knot aloud. Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays Such soft ware four pea seas. And why I brake in two averse By righting want too pleas. -- Jerry Zar, Dean of the Graduate School Northwestern Illinois University
Dr. Zar wrote that based on the "far too many" instances of 'blind faith in a spell-checker' that he saw on Graduate School _admission_ essays,
====================== Where is "Kentuckit", anyway?
--
Eric

Wtih the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?
yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Brllinat! ... The porof is in teh pudidnig,
--
www.ewoodshop.com