OT: Spell properly

I'm here to tell ya'll that us Texans resent bein considered uneducated jus cuz we don speak like ya'll.
Max (BA degrees in Municipal Management and Planning, Psychology, associate's degree in Fire Technology)

So, your degrees are you are a crazy nutter who plans to burn down the local Council building ??

Tis my experience it is the educated who can control their "galah mode".
However... After having thrown a few pie shells your way I am still scratching me arse. Not a JLS* 'moment' do I see. I am waiting to see sign from a BigPoo subscriber yet. You looking to set the standard?
You catch that news on "eagle" and the NBN ISP? george
--
* Jonathan Livingstone Seagull
the other guy "Budgeregar" is here:
On 7/27/2011 2:21 AM, George W Frost wrote:

He puts 'em out ... IIRC correctly he was the Fire Chief of El Paso, a good sized city in Texas.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Population 700,000 + or - a few. 35 fire stations, 2 more presently under construction.

*Deputy* Fire Chief, Karl. I retired at the ripe old age of 53 (after 33 years of service) in order to earn enough money to buy woodworking tools. <G>
Max
"George W Frost" wrote

ROFL One never knows.
Max

But, but.......Y'all presupposes that y' is a contraction of you which is a foreign word in Texas. Ya, on the other hand, is the Texas version of "you". Ya get it? "C'mon in a get ya a beer". Therefore ya'll would be slightly more correct than y'all.
http://www.texascountryreporter.com/talkingtexan.htm
Max

Ditto for here [QLD.au].. only it is "get yer a beer". "yer" is singular and is spoken with a rolling u-r 'accent'.

And our (poor english) "youse" fits even better for "befuddlement speak"<g> "youse" sounds like EWES, when spoken by a Queenslander.. mheh heh george
"George Watson" wrote

When you say "rolling" accent do you mean rolling as in the Spanish name Berroterran where both sets of rrs are rolled? And could you phonetically spell mheh so that I may be able to speak it correctly? ;-)
Max

Nope.. that is the Orish accent too, by the way, rolling the "rrs" :-> No, I meant the U *and* the R are rolled together so as to mostly sound like yrrrrr but not grrr.

try like, an acknowledging "grunt", from the belly. In "speech" it is barely audible, so "correct" is maybe subjective, in the ear of the listener???
But just to be sure, to be sure ?? :-> "mheh".. is never uttered in contempt, tho'. A message of contempt is usually conveyed with a silent look, a tightening of the eyes, if you like /:-] And from the more easily excitable..?.. delivered with a fast right hook!         /chuckles
It (texan) is actually maybe the most mimed American accent here in Aussie, that and maybe the hillbilly "Clampert family" type 'speak'. Possibly because of those tuppence paperback "cowboy an' injun" readers so popular in the sixties here, and the drawl of the Duke in his movies.
OTOH... everyone loved G'ma in the Clamperts!
One would go a long way to hear anyone here [.au] mimicking a Boston or Yonkers accent. I guess you might be able to say "texan" _is_ the Voice of America? And George Dubbya went along way to reinforce that in recent times, more's the pity:-/ Many here just luuurve "taking the piss" outa Dubbya. More popular than any Orish or Kiwi jokes:-> http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/presidents/george-w-bush /
george

George Bush is a "Bubba". Bubbas are good old boys, likable fellows, friendly, generally funny, but not particularly adept at anything. They usually get by with the help of friends who tend to feel a bit sorry for their friend's ineptitude. Bubbas are invariably attracted to competent people who will sooner or later prove to be a source in a time of need. ;-)
Max

crikey...!.. do not those "Bubbas" get in the way of things, at times?
.. an' just so you know ????
Reads of the use of "Bubba" in 'Net slang (USA)?
Bubba is the guy in the hood dangling the "soap on a rope" for newbies. Never having asked, I aint so sure what happens after bending down to bite at that dangling lump of carbolic.. but I am told.... ... told one could wake up with two bob (dime X 2) in yer hand and a rather sore arse..! :-D george
"George Watson" wrote

That's a Yankee definition of Bubba. Here in the south (and the southwest) we have our own language. ;-)
Max, El Paso, Texas
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:56:13 +1000, George Watson wrote:

I don't remember the name of the movie, but Wayne once starred as a German ship captain. His fake German accent was the worst I've ever heard :-).

Movie was "The Sea Chase", 1955. Wayne played Captain Karl Ehrlich.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:08:35 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

Especially that line "geh mir aus dem Weg, Pilgrim."
-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

heh.. cracks me up..!.. wtf! george
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:17:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

^ I see you flunked spell-checker, too. ;-)

I disagree. "Uncle" in this sentence is a title modifying "Jack" (which is also why it's capitalized) and belongs with it. You wouldn't say "... Dr., Jack, ...".
Although helping Jack, "off" a horse, isn't very nice, even if he is your uncle.

You must be a _real_ newcomer to USENET!
There is an inviolate _rule_ -- of _many_ decades standing --that every spelling/grammar flame *MUST* contain at least one spelling/grammar error.
I was just "following the rules". <*BIG* grin>
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

/sawn
ACK TUE ELLY.. It is very common for folks to misuse "you're".
There is "you are" which must be used. and then there is "you're" which can be used, in some instances of the same conveyed meaning as "you are". The example above is NOT one such situation. "You ARE" applies, only.
OW EEVA LURV I do not yet see _anyone_ here in <r.w> who could throw the scpellun stone and survive the responses. So best let sleeping dogs lie.. eh, an that... like :-> george