OT - Space Station Sighting Times Based On Location

This site lists the times that the International Space Station can be seen from locations all over the world.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm
I've got a 5 minute viewing window coming up in about an hour, so I'm going to head down to the southern shores of one our Great Lakes and check it out. It's only about a 2 minute drive. I think I need to get away from the trees because it's going to be very low in the sky (10°).
On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You can download the Sky View app for your smartphone, aim it in any direction and the app will move to match the sun, moon, stars, constellations and other misc objects in motion. It will display path of the moon, sun and the ISS(as well as any other moving object). You can click on the object and it will provide you info of what it is.
If you like star gazing, it's a great app to have.
On 5/29/2016 6:26 AM, Meanie wrote:

It's called "Star Guide", not Star View, though, there are others, I find the SG app the best.
On 5/28/2016 11:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
On 5/29/2016 7:19 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

realize it was the same NASA site I used.
On 5/29/16 6:12 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Another fun thing to watch for are the Iridium satellites catching the sun and producing a brief and very bright flare (aka, Iridium flares)
http://www.heavens-above.com
-BR
On 5/28/2016 10:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Did you see it?
Too much urban light pollution here. Can barely see a full moon. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:47:23 AM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

No, not last night. Too many clouds, not a star to be seen.
Now that I know how often it can be seen, I'm sure I'll catch it one of the se days. I hear it only takes 92 minutes to orbit the earth, which is why it can be seen every ~1.5 hours once it gets dark. Damn, that's quick!
Luckily, I can get away from the bright lights in just a few minutes,