OT - Sort of. Where is everyone?

Page 2 of 2

I'm just a few thousand feet "up" from you. Denver...
Noreast of ya in Na Hampsha.
D. Mo

part
masters
Tiffin, Ohio....50 miles S.E. of Toledo and 50 miles W. of Sandusky. Hope this helps. Joe kb8qlr
Be sure to check-out our webpages... http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

Sandusky, Ohio. Home of roller coasters and not much else.
-Phil Crow
Phil Crow writes:

Parkersburg, WV, on a very high Ohio River that is finally starting to ebb.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
Somebody wrote:

Home to what at one time was known as Armco Steel.
Somebody else wrote:

What about Lyman, the best fishing boat ever created, some of the best Walleye (Pickerel for the Canucks) and perch fishing on the planet, as well as some of the best marinas on the south shore of L Erie.

ebb.
The Holiday Inn in ( Park-es-burg, the local pronunciation) has (had) a brick wall behind the bar.
I paid for a brick in that wall one night, but they wouldn't let me take it with me <G>.
As Bob Hope would have said, "Thanks for the memories"
--
Lew

Lew Hodgett responds:

Yeah, well this week it isn't bricks that would worry you. The "sea" wall gate has been closed and braced for days because the water actually reached the wall for the first time in something like a decade, maybe more (accuracy is not a fault of the local newspaper or TV station--though the latter does have a corner on some truly astounding pronunciations--spent some time yesterday evening trying to work out, from context, whether the local female anchor was saying "police" or "please", as she used the same pronunciation for each ).
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

snip
Lew,
I'm a transplant from southeastern Louisiana, and so my reaction has been predictably lukewarm about boats, fishing and marinas <g>. One thing that hasn't been lukewarm is the weather around here. I just can't understand how these damn Yankees can stand this winter weather year after year. I've been toying with the idea of volunteering for layoffs just so I don't have to be out in this, this, this, *winter* any more.
-Phil Crow
Phil Crow wrote:

Where?
Walls and Carhartt coveralls, thinsulate boots, thick socks (real important before thinsulate), stocking knit caps, and gloves. I also wear a scarf due to my bad neck.
But Phil, the biggest secret is: The heats in the tools.
Can't stand around and expect to stay warm. ;)
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Yep, Here in Louisville they've started putting up the flood gates. A couple streets downtown is already under water. Glad I'm in the 'burbs.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Dixon, CA.

Rochester, MI, here.
Cadiz Ky. Western part of the state near Lake Barkley

part
masters
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:28:29 GMT, "Mike W."

Couldn't say, but I'm not. Heed Bob S.'s words - he's right, as always.
You could get the guy up the street to come and possibly help you or you could, with just a keystroke here, get 50 extremely knowledgeable woodworkers to help you out. I'd opt for the folks here - I don't ask often but by reading I have found answers to nearly all the questions I have. It is a great place full of very wise woodworkers and as a bonus you can get a lot of politcal advice as well.
Kiyu
Mike W. wrote in rec.woodworking

San Antonio, TX.
--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

Yes they are still out on Chef Menteur Highway (US 90). It is Textron now. They manufacture the LCAC for the Navy and are playing in the mobile artillery market. Seem to be succesful at it.
Cheers,
Chris