OT: Sorry, got something in my eye

Regardless if we agree with a mission, every soldier, alive or dead, should come home to that.

Reply to
B A R R Y

As it should be Puff

"Robatoy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Robatoy wrote in news:66069c95-1e6a-408a-a4f9- snipped-for-privacy@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

- Zz

Reply to
jbd in Denver

We see this every time I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders on an escort. Usually outside of Chicago area is my region. It is a sight that my daughter asked me why I was crying on more than one ride. Every bridge had at least a fire truck, police cars, and many people waving the flag along with banners congratulating the soldier home. When we arrived in his hometown, they had a huge banner welcoming him home as well as raised and crossed fire ladder trucks, it was an amazing sight. The entire town came out and lined the streets for over 3 miles as we traveled through the town. It reminded me of the sights I used to see in the movies about WWII when I was a kid 50 years ago.

One escort we were traveling about 90 mph going west out of Chicago area. All of a sudden we all had to slam on our brakes, some damn kid in a fart canned Honda cut into the middle of the procession, bikes pretty much scattered on the highway so as not to crash, needless to say we had police escorting the homecoming as usual, and they threw the kid in the police car for interrupting a procession. The police told us when we got to our destination he was jailed for disobeying some of the highway laws and disrespecting a police officer. We found out later he just wanted to go in the fast lane as we were over the speed limit by over 30 mph, and the other

3 lanes slowed down for us to pass, they were just showing respect, with police escort in front and behind us. Around here the homecomings are treated like a parade procession. We all enjoy them as it is quite a bit nicer than escorting a dead soldier from the airport.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Agreed, though it's better they should all come home alive and well.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Agreed, though it's better they should all come home alive and well.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I couldn't agree more. I blame the politicians for the war in Iraq. The soldiers fighting it deserve, and have, my utmost respect.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

demonstrated.

Probably why I have so little use for Anglo Saxons (arrogant English), draft dodgers and mouthy pacifists who lack the strength of character to do anything as couragous.

cselby

I like your attitude! Well said!

Reply to
Swingman

Anglo-Saxons and English the same? Maybe 900 or 1,000 years ago. Not since.

I've met some courageous pacifists, though, in fact, damned few. Draft dodgers? The draft has been gone for a bit...but if we're going after draft dodgers, we have two eminent ones who lied us into Iraq.

From everything I've seen, read or heard, the troops in this war are the best trained ever, the best equipped, and at the least as effective and efficient and courageous as any group of fighters we ever put on the ground anywhere. They deserve, and should receive, both respect and all the benefits a grateful nation can award them. Of course, they are already getting less than that when they enter the system needing any kind of care, with interminable waits for disability awards being among the worst.

I have long wondered how the government expects these people to live while they wait a year, two years or longer for a decision that is wrong probably half the time, requiring another year or so of appeals.

It probably isn't long before some nitwit denies service connected claims for deaths that happen outside the combat area, for combat wounded--oh, wait! That's already happening. The simple fact is that a solider who dies in the states because of wounds suffered in combat, regardless of immediate and listed causes of death, would NOT have died had he not been hit in combat. That is a combat death, IMNAAHO.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sounds like the Brits are where the US was in Vietnam--blame the soldier, not the politician who sent him. Nothing new about it though--

J. Clarke

Wasn't talking about the regular Engish guys, dude. Was talking about the useless immigrant lumps that come to Canada who think they're in charge. These are the arrogant f*ck bunnies that strut around and self importantly call themselves Anglo Saxons. When you run across one of these Anglo Saxons, write back and tell us all how that went.

To quote the last one I had to put up with: "If your not Anglo Saxon, your the scum of the earth and if your not white, your lower than a worm's belly".

That do it for you, dude?

cselby

We're square, mate.

Reply to